ending listings and relisting

as i have the unlimited free listings for may, if i end my listings that would be ending at the begining of june then relist them next weekend. will i be charged any listing fees or fees for ending them early?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No. I'm running 1 day auctions all month and a few defaulted back to either 7 or 10 days. I ended them and relisted at 1 day. I think the only time you get into trouble is if you end items early and they have bids on.

Edit: End them early and not sell to the highest bidder. Some sellers will end early because the item price isn't as high as they wanted which is a no no.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No. I'm running 1 day auctions all month and a few defaulted back to either 7 or 10 days. I ended them and relisted at 1 day. I think the only time you get into trouble is if you end items early and they have bids on.

Edit: End them early and not sell to the highest bidder. Some sellers will end early because the item price isn't as high as they wanted which is a no no.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

thanks,

no i would never end an item with bids on, just wanted to take full advantage of the free offer to get as many items on a fresh 3 week listing run before the new 40 free offer starts. save those in case i think of something new to list next month or relist any that end after the 3 weeks run ends.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I've ended early when there's been bids. But I end to sell to that buyer. I'll do it if they've bought a few things and the remaining item still has 6 or 7 days to go. Most of the time my items sell with only one bid, so I don't think I'm losing out by ending early.

Next weekend I'll start changing all my auctions back to 7 or 10 days. I don't really want them all ending on a Tuesday night! By the Tuesday night everything will be the same as yours, starting the new month fresh. I was tempted to list a whole heap of new stuff, but given I've had both the last 2 promotions, I don't want a few hundred items sitting in my unsold if I don't get another promotion for awhile. Keep it managable!

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply