first neg feedback unfair

ok, woke up to my first negative feedback.

this fellow bought a second hand toy car from me and recieved it just fine.

i know because he sent me a message with photos of the car saying it had a repaired part on it, which it did, i never said the car was new.

it was restored and sold 'as is'

so in retaliation hes given me negative feedback with the message the item was sent to the wrong address!

it was sent to the address he has registered and tracking proves it was delivered on time.

sold on the 11.5.19 delivered 20.5.19

where should i go now?

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The negative only refers to the wrong address - so you should be able to appeal to ebay because you have tracking.

Speak to ebay - don't forget to refer to his emails where he acknowledges delivery.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

The negative only refers to the wrong address - so you should be able to appeal to ebay because you have tracking.

Speak to ebay - don't forget to refer to his emails where he acknowledges delivery.

Message 2 of 50
Latest reply

rang ebay, they are going to remove his negative feedback.

Message 3 of 50
Latest reply

.. this is possibly a recurring problem with ebays database and have encountered it many times now .. the situation is that if a person has changed address in the last few years and updated their address to the correct new one on the ebay system that a glitch is repeatedly and intermittently re-inserting/defaulting to the old address in place of the new one .. ebay is well aware of this and this recurring problem has caused me and many others no end of headaches over the years ..

I would be asking the buyer what address the item was sent to and if that is perhaps their old address and if it is then it would be an ebay error .. is another reason why I don't like selling on ebay and also as a buyer you need to be careful when purchasing each item to make sure that your correct address is there if you have moved house in the last few years .. the whole thing is incredibly confusing .. if you sent the item via tracked mail the onus is on the buyer .. the whole thing is a mess ..

As for a repair on an old item we all know this can lead to claims .. in my case have had claims against me for paint fade and bad feedback because buyers didn't like the music on a CD etc .. anyway as always try and get to the bottom of things without loosing your cool and if you can see there is a mismatch between your item description and what the buyer has received refunding or partially is a possible option etc etc .. by the sounds of it the buyer has not lodged a dispute which tends to indicate that wrong address things may be the problem I mentioned earlier ..

whilst these things can be time consuming and irritating I would still try and resolve the situation amicably and fairly etc etc, you did mention it is a restored item so imagine you would have shown any defects/restoration in your images .. I can't see/detect what part is retored on the (Tamiya 58064 1/12 Celica GR.B (restored)) .. that could/would be a concern especially at the price that sold for ($700) and is worth being explicity clear especially at that price 

I had no idea that particular collectable market was running as hot as it is .. wow .. some people must have money to burn ..

best regards ..

Message 4 of 50
Latest reply

You are absolutely correct with the address thing. There have been many members come here saying that it's happened. Extremely frustrating for both buyer and seller. However, David mentioned in his post that the buyer did actually receive it, because he (the buyer) sent photos. So I'm not sure that would be the case this time.

Message 5 of 50
Latest reply

@ringinthedingding wrote:

.. this is possibly a recurring problem with ebays database and have encountered it many times now .. the situation is that if a person has changed address in the last few years and updated their address to the correct new one on the ebay system that a glitch is repeatedly and intermittently re-inserting/defaulting to the old address in place of the new one .. ebay is well aware of this and this recurring problem has caused me and many others no end of headaches over the years ..

I would be asking the buyer what address the item was sent to and if that is perhaps their old address and if it is then it would be an ebay error .. is another reason why I don't like selling on ebay and also as a buyer you need to be careful when purchasing each item to make sure that your correct address is there if you have moved house in the last few years .. the whole thing is incredibly confusing .. if you sent the item via tracked mail the onus is on the buyer .. the whole thing is a mess ..

As for a repair on an old item we all know this can lead to claims .. in my case have had claims against me for paint fade and bad feedback because buyers didn't like the music on a CD etc .. anyway as always try and get to the bottom of things without loosing your cool and if you can see there is a mismatch between your item description and what the buyer has received refunding or partially is a possible option etc etc .. by the sounds of it the buyer has not lodged a dispute which tends to indicate that wrong address things may be the problem I mentioned earlier ..

whilst these things can be time consuming and irritating I would still try and resolve the situation amicably and fairly etc etc, you did mention it is a restored item so imagine you would have shown any defects/restoration in your images .. I can't see/detect what part is retored on the (Tamiya 58064 1/12 Celica GR.B (restored)) .. that could/would be a concern especially at the price that sold for ($700) and is worth being explicity clear especially at that price 

I had no idea that particular collectable market was running as hot as it is .. wow .. some people must have money to burn ..

best regards ..

they guy got a bargain in my opinion.

i paid $400 + delivery from europe for the car as basically a wreck.

i spent in excess of $1,000 restoring it over several years (parts are hard to get)

yes, it had a minor repair to a part.

if i had not needed a quick sale i would not have listed it.

these cars are rare.

as for leaving untrue feedback, ebay have investigated and looked at all our comunication and ruled in my favor.

Message 6 of 50
Latest reply

it was a retaliation feedback as he thought he was getting a 'new' item

it was clearly sold as 'used' and 'restored' and 'as is'

Message 7 of 50
Latest reply

well done in getting the unjust feedback removed - don't forget to put him on your blocked buyers list.

Message 8 of 50
Latest reply

The Tamiya ?  Nice restoration David if so.  original.gif

Spoiler
There wouldn't be a book in the pipeline would there ?????       true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 50
Latest reply

"they guy got a bargain in my opinion.
i paid $400 + delivery from europe for the car as basically a wreck.
i spent in excess of $1,000 restoring it over several years (parts are hard to get)
yes, it had a minor repair to a part.
if i had not needed a quick sale i would not have listed it.

these cars are rare."

Yep can imagine that is the case .. in this economic climate it is very much a buyers market .. I have got some incredible bargains in recent times on ebay .. I do hope the market turns in favour of sellers somehwat in the future as a declining market is one sign of what is called stag-flation in the economy .. I shoulda hung onto my scalextric stuff .. and my comic books and my commodore 64, trs80 and a few other things .. I still have piles of old cupboard stuff to sell but is difficult to test this declining market unless really strapped for cash .. am hoping things turn in the next 10 years or am going to be kicking myself ..

"You are absolutely correct with the address thing. There have been many members come here saying that it's happened. Extremely frustrating for both buyer and seller."

Tippy on this point I am in full agreement with you ..

Message 10 of 50
Latest reply