goods returned

Goods sent registered post returned to sender marked "unknown at this address"  Buyer claims never to have got the goods.

How can we send again - if Australia Post says he is unknown at aqddress given to eBay?

Thank you

Rick

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goods returned

No point resending until you have validated the correct address with the buyer.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

goods returned

No point resending until you have validated the correct address with the buyer.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

goods returned

Have you confirmed with the buyer that the address is actually correct? I've had people stuff their own address up. I also had an incident last year where a package was returned being not known at this address. It was a business address. I confirmed with the buyer and sent her a photo of the parcel, which she said was correct. I resent it and 3 days later checked the tracking and it said not known at the address, returning to sender. It was then diverted to the PO of the suburb she was at. I sent her a message telling her to race down to the PO and get it before they send it back, which she did.

Between it being returned and me resending, I got in touch with AP to find out what was going on. They got back to me saying that the address showed on their system as being vacant, so they don't even try to deliver. I assured them that it wasn't vacant and the buyer had confirmed that. They said they would update the system. Obviously they hadn't because they were about to turn it around again. I don't normally check tracking numbers, but I watched this one like a hawk so i could jump on it if I needed to.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

goods returned

Did you send it to the address given when they went through checkout, or the address on the sold email?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply