got a strange neutral, should I ask customer what they meant?

I recently sold a lapel pin that didn't even look like it had been out of it's box, there were lots of detailed photos. The neutral said the pin to hold it was not as described and I have no idea what they meant. Obviously neutrals and negs are a hazard of the game and it's not that that worries me, it's the fact that I may have missed something. Should I write and ask her or just forget it?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think I would leave well enough alone on this one.

I know these pins/brooches and I am 110% sure that the pin keeper is not original.  The keeper on your pin is from an earring....the usual one for these china brooches covers the sharp point of the pin.

If I had been looking at your listing I would not have bid because the photos clearly show the pin is not covered on the sharp point.

That is not saying that you have not described it correctly and shown good clear photos...just that it is not all original.

It is only a neutral....just ignore it and don't draw attention to it by replying or the buyer might leave another comment that could do more damage.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I can see she may have inferred from your listing that the actual long pointy bit was 45mm from end to end, was it?

or was that the length from the tip of the pointy bit to the top of the flower?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think I would leave well enough alone on this one.

I know these pins/brooches and I am 110% sure that the pin keeper is not original.  The keeper on your pin is from an earring....the usual one for these china brooches covers the sharp point of the pin.

If I had been looking at your listing I would not have bid because the photos clearly show the pin is not covered on the sharp point.

That is not saying that you have not described it correctly and shown good clear photos...just that it is not all original.

It is only a neutral....just ignore it and don't draw attention to it by replying or the buyer might leave another comment that could do more damage.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I was wiondering about the earring back... thought that was odd, but then i am such a suppository of wisdom when it comes to jewellery

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

are coal port roses worth anything? They're actual china roses with a stem about a foot long, not pictures on a china dish.

how about if they haven't been stored in their boxes? They've been stopred in a vase like a bunch of flowers for 10 ish years, but I do remember that they came in boxes.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

thanks for your replies and I will leave well enough alone, lyndal I didn't even think about the naked pin end so it's something to look out for should I get another.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

There are several of those pins on ebay.uk if you want to have a look at what the pins are usually like.

Crikey, they are not worth much if they have not been stored in their original boxes.  At least they are easy to wash if there is dust on them.

I think what you are talking about is the life sized roses....the one that gem-boy sold is small, just a lapel pin/brooch.  There is quite a difference and should not be compared.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

yes, I was talking about the life sized ones. This thread just made me remember them. I kind of have 60 of them, but as I don't do flowery things, they're on display elsewhere LOL

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@my*mum wrote:

yes, I was talking about the life sized ones. This thread just made me remember them. I kind of have 60 of them, but as I don't do flowery things, they're on display elsewhere LOL

Could make good photo props... (I was thinking recently about using some kind of floral prop but don't really want to use silk flowers as they look a little hokey, but something floral that doesn't look like it's trying to pretend to be real might look alright - have to go look-see what's about Smiley Very Happy )

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Some people are just picky or stupid. When I list items that are used I describe the damage worse than it is to cover myself. Ebay should take somer resposibilty here.Nearly all netural or neg feedback  given to sellers from low feedback memebers. The majority of  this is unjust and unfair. A lot of these issues could be solved with a quick email.

Sorry your feedback score has been ruined by this moro

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply