has any one had a situation where a parcel has not arrived to your buyer even with a tracking number

I have sent a parcel with a tracking number but it has not arrived. I have been in touch with Australia Post & they say the same as I do - "no activity" Any ideas & am I responsible? Morally I feel I am

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

has any one had a situation where a parcel has not arrived to your buyer even with a tracking number

If the buyer paid by paypal and you can prove postage they will refund the buyer from their own money.

This is what trackable postage is for.... To protect the seller.

You can ask AP to investigate the missing item and see if they will payout if they can not locate it but this will take up too 2 months and the buyer will not wait that long to be refunded.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

How long has it been since the parcel was posted, and what kind of distance is it travelling? (eg parcels sent from WA or remote areas can often take a couple of weeks to arrive via regular mail).

Quite often parcels are only scanned on lodgment and again on the day of delivery, so if it was posted recently, it may yet arrive. 

If it doesn't, make sure you lodge a missing parcel claim with Australia Post - compensation of up to $50 may be paid (at their discretion), if it can't be found. 

In regards to the buyer... If they paid via PayPal and you don't have sufficient proof of post, they will be able to force a refund via a dispute if it came to it; if you do have sufficient proof of post then they would be unlikely to get a refund from any source (if AP compensate, they pass the funds to you, however you would then have an obligation to pass it on to the buyer).

The best advice I can give you (without bringing any legalities, dispute processes etc into it), is to do what you would like a seller to do if the situation was reversed. There are many members here who can advise you further if you decide on any particular tact, but the do unto others... is a good rule of thumb when you're undecided. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If I have used click & send or anything else with sinature required and lodged over the counter then I would be after AP to find the parcel and would be claiming from them if they didn't so I would ask the buyer to wait 15 business days from lodgement date so I can put in a claim to AP and will certainly refund them then.

If I had sent with an ordinary red or express satchel or a regular parcel without signature required then I would still ask AP to try and chase it but wuld probably just refund after a couple of weeks.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply