has anyone noticed that people are not paying for goods in the last 3 to 4 weeks

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

has anyone noticed that people are not paying for goods in the last 3 to 4 weeks

A suggestion, contact the buyer and try and find out if there is a problem. Sometimes things happen, ie Family problems or have to go away unexpectedly. ( still no excuse, but does happen )  If that fails, Open an Unpaid Item Dispute and follow that through. 

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
yep seems to be increasing

i closed a case yesterday after a non payment and 2 are about to have UID cases opened... and someone just bought an item an hour ago and hasnt paid yet

I have a mate that also sells on ebay and he tells me his rate of non payers has sky rocketed in the last few weeks
Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

Funny you say that. That has been happening a lot to me lately too. An unusually high amount of people winning bids and not paying.

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

Nope! Haven't had one for ages. I've sold a lot in the last week too. The only 2 that haven't paid are buyers that still have bids on auctions.

Do you have buyer requirement blocks in place to stop the serial pests? Generally if people are having a lot of issues from non payers they don't have blocks in place to stop them buying.

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

We have 3x UID cases open at the moment on one of our selling IDs.

That's a bit unusual for us.

Not uncommon tho to have 3 cases open across all 5 of our selling IDs.

But there are none on any of the other IDs either right now.

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

Yes we have noticed an increase of people not paying & also asking to cancel the transaction before paying as they made a mistake, kids bid without permission etc etc.

16 NPB this month + another 5 change of minds.

I have also had 2 people this week claim they never bid on the items at all & blame Ebay for glitches.

Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

I have also had 2 people this week claim they never bid on the items at all & blame Ebay for glitches

Thetrick with them is to send them an email telling them you are so sorry their account has been hacked and as it appears they have not already done so you are going to report their account as compromised for them so ebay will shut it down and contact them to get the account back under their control.

I have only done it twice myself and both times it resulted in an almost instant reply that they had mixed me up with another seller and of course they purchased from me and have paid before replying!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

A big gold star for PJ!!!! Awesome response!!!

big gold star.jpg

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

I have had an increase in buyers not paying for their items and had to open cases.

With the response to people ebay accounts being hacked, it happened to me last week.  My account put in a best offer

on a car part.  I have never looked at car parts before.

Lucky  my account  didn't buy it now, so I emailed the seller, and withdrew "my best offer".  So now I give buyer's the benefit of the doubt.

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply