how come I can't get cash on pick up as an option when listing?

When I go on other people's items I see the option "cash on pick" up but I don't know how I can. I only get "cash on delivery" as an option plus paypal and the other options.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

In the heading  for the section Add postage details click on Add or remove Options and tick the box to Show local pick up, then Save.

If you want to offer postage or pickup:

In the box for Domestic Postage enter your Flat Rate postage details and then underneath tick the box for Local Pickup.

For some odd reason you cannot use Calculated postage and also offer Pickup. If you need to use Calculated then you could add a note in the Description saying that pickup is available from xxx.

If you want to have the listing as pickup only:

In the box for Domestic Postage click on the dropdown arrow and select No Postage: Local Pick up only

In the payments section select Pay on pickup

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

In the 'Select how you'll be paid' section of the listing form, there should be a link for 'Add or remove options', click that and select the 'Pay on pick-up' option, which (if ticked) shows as cash on pick-up in a listing. You may also need to add the 'Show local pick-up' option in the postage section if you want to display pick-up as an option in the listing.

Edit: what sportandplay said. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

d*g, I've just read the question again and realised I didn't actually answer it. You've done it. Why does eBay make it so hard to do a basic listing? I did notice the other day a new popup about adding the options so maybe they are trying to improve. Very trying.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@sportandplay wrote:

d*g, I've just read the question again and realised I didn't actually answer it. You've done it. Why does eBay make it so hard to do a basic listing? I did notice the other day a new popup about adding the options so maybe they are trying to improve. Very trying.

The SYI form is the Sphinx Gate (aka Riddle Gate) - make it through that ok, you get to face the next trial... Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

When you are new to selling the pay on pick up option will not appear as a payment option until after you have some accrued some good feedback and ratings.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

When you are new to selling the pay on pick up option will not appear as a payment option until after you have some accrued some good feedback and ratings.

Really? There's nothing to suggest that in any of the help pages about payment options (not that that means a great deal, but I haven't heard about such a restriction before, plus there's currently a 4 FB ID - 3 for buying, 1 for selling - offering a wardrobe for local pick-up with cash on pick-up as a payment option).

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I don't know.

I just checked on a buying ID that listed and sold one item last year and was recently upgraded to a limit of 100 per month because the ID was doing such a great job of selling :).

It has the Business Policies in place and I could select Pay on pickup in the Payments Policy. No idea if being opted in to the Policies makes a difference.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

I suppose ebay does not put details of security measures it may have in place on its help pages. Maybe it only applies to particular categories of goods ?? dunno.

I have come across it on two newish ids,  I recall some type of pop up appears when you do your first listing that says something about needing to start selling with select payment methods only.   

Screen shot of payment choices available:

New Picture.png 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I'll try to see if I can find some more info on my dormant ID (not registered as a seller at this point in time). Usually, if eBay impose restrictions, or there's a window or some such that pops up, there'll be a Learn More link to further information.

That'll have to wait for a couple of hours while I get some work done, though - if anyone can post the info or a link in the meantime though, sweet. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply