how long from listing is your item visible on search??

I have just started selling on ebay and listed a couple of things 7 hours ago.  when I do a general keyword search they are still not coming up.  How long does it take from listing to it actually become visible?? At this rate my 7 day listing will only be visible for 6 😞 thanks.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

yep that can happen.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

😞 sad but true. I've had some that have taken 12 hours before they appear. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I think it varies. I've had watchers within minutes of me listing, yet others have taken well over 12 hours to show. I don't know why there is such a discrepancy.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

So when does the auction officially "start" ticking down from then? When you upload it or when it becomes visible on the search engine?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@pauls2009 wrote:

So when does the auction officially "start" ticking down from then? When you upload it or when it becomes visible on the search engine?

from the second you list it.

however, how long it takes to appear in searches varies.  the computers do a sweep of all new listings by category regularly, but if you just missed a 'sweep' it may take several hours before that category is done again.

also, titles with some 'trigger' words are even slower, particularly leading Designer Brand Names etc...

if a buyer has you in their list of favourites, sometimes they see you items even before they are in general searches, so you can get a 'watcher' or even a bid before the item lists properly.

also, Friday any time from Noon to about 9pm can be eBay Australia's weekly maintenance and at some time during that period you may find you cant log in to certain sections of eBay.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Maintenance seems to be Sunday, lately.

Although that certainly wasn't the case in the old days, when ths thread was started.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply