how to get a refund for an item returned

How do I get a refund of around $450 for an item I sold to a member who returned it due to it not working properly and they couldnt get parts?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You probably don't.

You have the goods back and the buyer presumably has their money back. What is to refund?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

The $450 is what Ebay chrged for the add that was now unsuccessful so for me to run an add again its another $450. Not quite fair wouldnt you say. It should be credited against the re sale of the item.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

eBay don't work that way.

It's like your local newspaper. They don't refund the first payment if you need to readvertise.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

If the buyer returned the goods, you have to cancel the transaction on eBay and they will credit you the final value fees. 

Look for the item in your sold history, and in the dropdown menu should be 'cancel this order'. (If you canceled the order originally when issuing the refund, as cancelling will automatically refund the item from the original payment, it can take 10 days for the cancellation to go through, and I think the fees are credited when the cancellation is finalised). 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply