i am a seller,has any had lost mail posting to units?

hello,have any sellers had lost mail posting to units?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yes, seems to be most of my problems that and work places. I now register those items.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
Not personally, but many others have and the risk of theft is far too great for me to take the chance. If a unit owner was to purchase from me, I'd request an alternate address from the buyer before sending it. Failing that, I'd make sure I had full Seller Protection by sending it with SOD and perhaps even registration, depending upon the item's value.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I live in a unit and everything I have ever purchased on eBay I have received.

I guess I have been lucky because there has not been a single item in all the years buying on eBay I have never received.

Anything purchased online away from eBay I have received living in a unit and that includes countries like UK, USA, China, Turkey etc

I hope sellers don't start restricting buyers because of their living situations ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

same here. not that I get many lost items but I figure a lot of my items don't actually fit into those small unit mail boxes. Workplaces are by far the worst.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Same here Dylan...

We use regular mail mostly.

And a high percentage of reported missing stuff is to units.

We figure its either theft or if it won't fit they just leave it on top for the wind to blow away.

We live in a duplex ourselves and at least twice per week we are exchanging mail with our neighbours.

We have both the Unit number 1/2 and the A/B right on the boxes but still goes into the wrong box regularly.

I have directly complained to our distribution centre in town here but more or less just got a blank look and shoulder shrug back.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I posted a small parcel last Monday in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne ( before mail pickup at lunch time ) to go to a seaside suburb,

Chelsea Heights south eastern suburb of Melbourne.

It had tracking and on Monday night it was at the SUNSHINE WEST parcel facility (way over in the outer Western edges of the city).

AND there it seems to be stuck...as there have been no further records of it's progress.

Now it is FRIDAYand it has not yet been delivered.

I have opened an investigation as to it's whereabouts with Aust. Post.

I wish they would get their act together !! 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply