i have sold my bee hives over a year ago why can't i remove my listing ? why am i being charged

litz66
Community Member

I have sold my bee hives ebay wont help me end the sale and i keep getting charged 

your sincerely

Litsa 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

i have sold my bee hives over a year ago why can't i remove my listing ? why am i being charged

What happens when you try to end the listing ?

Do you have Good til cancelled / relisted option set up/ticked?

What did eBay tell you exactly when you contacted them?

You need to tell fellow buyers and sellers here exactly what is going on for us to be able to try to help you

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

At the right of your listings is a dropdown. One of the options is 'End'. Failing that, you can tick the box on the left of the listing, scroll up or down and find, tada, an option to, you guessed it, 'End'.

It's not hard. As a seller you would surely have made yourself familiar with at least the basics of eBay.

You are probably lucky that another buyer hasn't 'bought' them in the year+ you've continued to list them.

Why are you being charged? You get 40 free listings per month, so 1 lot of beehives wouldn't attract listing fees. Are you being charged listing fees, or has somebody else bought them? Did you sell them on eBay or somewhere else, and neglected to end the listing?

I'm thinking that you need to read about how eBay works and maybe decide it's not for you.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

The listing has a subtitle, so they will be charged for that. It's due to roll over again, so will be charged another month for a subtitle, because they have not taken your advice on how to end the listing.

You tried.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I did that and it would not end it. getting charged every month for over a year that i sold on gumtree for over a year i have tried to remove it end it and wont allow me contacted paypal too

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I'd try contacting eBay via the chat function, they have the ability to end listings. 

Failing that, turn on the out of stock feature in your site preferences, then edit the listing to remove the subtitle and set the stock quantity to 0. That will remove it from being visible on eBay, and it should automatically end in 3-6 months.

Failing that, get a friend to offer you an agreed upon amount and accept the offer - that should automatically end the listing and will cost you a small percentage of the offer amount (I would say get them to offer you $1 as that's the lowest an offer can be, but I don't want to be responsible for some other joker coming along and offering $1 which you then accept without realising it's someone else Smiley LOL so if you go with this option, make sure it's a harder-to-guess-randomly amount lol). 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

What does it say when it "won't allow" you to end the listing. There must be some sort of error message coming up?

Also, why the heck did you pay for a subtitle just to copy the title again? Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I've certainly never had a problem ending listings.

The OP might have a cognitant disorder. I can't think of any other reason.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I can't think of any other reason.

At least you are aware of your limitations. 😉 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Which are few. At least eBay-wise.

Certainly none pertaining to ending listings, which I do daily.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply