i realised that ebay prices my items higher than the amount I added. Why?

jodeals
Community Member

Hi I realised that when I set a fixed price on one of my items, eBay tends to set a higher price than what I added. What's up with that? 

Does anyone know why?

picture 1.JPG

picture 2.JPG

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GST is 100% the reason for the price increase - please see the attached screenshot in the spoiler field below (click to expand - it's a screenshot from the PC view of cart contents, so it's a wide image; I've highlighted with purple arrows the pertinent info).

When the buyer pays, you will receive $55, eBay will take the $5.50 and hand it over to the ATO. 

Spoiler
item in cart.PNG

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Did you accidentally list some items on ebay.com rather than ebay.com.au ?

That could explain an exchange rate from US$ to AU$ which means prices would show as higher.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Good thought but current exchange rate would put it at $85.57 US. Bit of a mystery this one.

Did you list on Friday? 😁

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Not if it was listed as $39 on the US site (meant to be Au$39.00) it will show as $60.50 on the Aus.

image host
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

GST?

The base price according to the OP is $55. +10% = $60.50.

The item is coming from China, so maybe eBay/ATO has closed that particular loophole for dropshippers.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Makes sense dave. (I didn't see the small price at the top).

image host
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

No I listed it on ebay australia. I have ebay promotions running, but now I am suspecting that eBay increases the price to public to get their percentage from promoted sales. 

Do you think that could be the case?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I don't think so, I have items in australia and ship them manually not dropshipped but listed price still appears more than what I entered.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@jodeals wrote:
I don't think so, I have items in australia and ship them manually not dropshipped but listed price still appears more than what I entered.

The example you gave clearly showed the item as being in China.

eBay do not inflate sellers' prices. As the increase is 10%, the GST amount, I still believe it to be the reason.

If your Australian located items had the same increase, maybe eBay has applied it to you, rather than individual items.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

GST is 100% the reason for the price increase - please see the attached screenshot in the spoiler field below (click to expand - it's a screenshot from the PC view of cart contents, so it's a wide image; I've highlighted with purple arrows the pertinent info).

When the buyer pays, you will receive $55, eBay will take the $5.50 and hand it over to the ATO. 

Spoiler
item in cart.PNG

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply