iPhone users cannot purchase my listing...?

Hi there. I'm struggling right now with all my listings on eBay, as none of them can be purchased from iPhone users. Yes, you heard me right. I have no idea as to why this is, and I have contacted Ebay support about it, and they keep on sending reports to their technical team, but nothing is happening.

To the iPhone users, here is the ad that is acting up, along with all other ads. You will notice that it says "Buying options" instead of Buy it now.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

If anyone could help me resolve this, it would be amazing.
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

The app always seems to have problems.

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I haven't come across any issues before this one.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

What troubleshooting options have you tried?

This mentions a few that may work, despte the thread being a couple of years old (eg app needs to be updated, need to log out then back in, need to re-enter financial details after an update):

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Bidding-Buying/Why-can-t-I-buy-from-my-mobile-app-anymore/td-p...

PS no good linking to your eBay listing as only those with iphones and who are also experiencing the same problem will see what you're talking about. Better to post a screenshot (and also not use URL shorteners, most people won't click it regardless because they don't know what it links to). 

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Appreciate the reply. I've just attempted resetting my PayPal account, relinking all payment methods, and still no luck after trying all methods on that thread 😞
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

The issue is also that this problem only happens on my listings.
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Just been trying to google a bit more to see if this mirrors anyone else's experience, but I can't really find anything that matches the issue exactly.

I found one thread from last year where a buyer is talking about only seeing "buying options" on a listing, and no buy it now or add to cart, but the listing in question was actually out of stock and that's why there were no options to purchase, which I can see your listing still has stock available. 

Just to eliminate it as a possible cause anyway, do you have the out of stock option enabled? And if you do, try disabling it (or even enabling then disabling it to check if it has any effect). I don't know how to get to the option in the app, but on the full version you go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Selling Preferences (at the very top of the page), then there will be a check box for whether or not you want to use the out of stock option (having it set to yes means the listing doesn't end when sold out, but can't be purchased anymore unless you add new stock). 

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

It's actually set to 'OFF' right now, would you suggest I turn it on?

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

There's a small chance it will do anything - I'm mostly suggesting it (toggling on then off) as a way to eliminate that as the cause.

Have any buyers contacted you to say they can't purchase? 

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply