is it possible to block bidders from a certain postcode?

Hi all 🙂

Is there an option where you can block buyers by postcode? I don't want to sound like a nasty seller but I have had 2 non paying bidders just this month from the same suburb...

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

No, besides a bit harsh on those living in the suburb.

Unless there is something in the water there. Smiley LOL

Just keep doing the UIC which issues strikes on their accounts and add them to your BBL.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Adding the "immediate payment required" option will elimate non-payers 100% of the time.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@lady_bug_83 wrote:

Hi all 🙂

Is there an option where you can block buyers by postcode? I don't want to sound like a nasty seller but I have had 2 non paying bidders just this month from the same suburb...

There is but it all depends which postcode they are in as you could exclude a high number of buyers:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/shipping-costs.html#where

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

tazz, I think you can only eliminate states in Australia.

cushion makes a good point. Just make all your listings requiring immediate payment.

You won't have anymore non payers.

image host
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

tazz, I think you can only eliminate states in Australia.

cushion makes a good point. Just make all your listings requiring immediate payment.

You won't have anymore non payers.

That's why I put the link in,(you can block a city or regional area in NSW,Vic,SA or WA or 4 different regions

in Qld).

But as I stated,they could be blocking a high number of buyers,tease.gif

I'm not good at sarcasm/jokes,etc,blush-1.gif

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

One postcode can cover several suburbs, so even if the regional block was used (which actually really only distinguishes between metro and regional areas of states), you'd be wiping out a whole lot of potential customers for the actions of a couple.

Better to put a block on those who have unpaid item strikes (if you haven't already). Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements, where you can set up blocks for buyers who have a history of non-payment (2 in 12 months is the strictest setting). 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply