is it worth the loss of time and money ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am amazed that in the past couple of years i have listed TWO items , a car , and just recently a train layout , just a simple layout i built while the pandemic was on , i had it on the back burner for 5 years and problem was my son , nor my wife are really interested in it . i had spent quite a lot of money including through e bay buying things such as engines and getting them only to find they do not work well which i took the time to repair . now i live in a rented house and even though this layout is only a starter set type it is still hard to move , so i decided to sell , listing "make offer" in which this :Brent  bought it through make offer , this BUYER has not contacted me ONCE , has not bothered even to check his messages , i started a non payment , and still waiting for results of this or for this person to contact . since the 3rd of march , i got to wait for this buyer , he can now just freely move about doing his thing , while i go to wait for so called e bay to take action TIME IS MONEY as i could do other things to sell this item . but no , i got to wait is it going to be just like the car where i had a complete time waster and had to sell the car outside of this stupid "own rules of unfairness" ? now being a 8x4 feet set one can understand "local pick up" so why on earth did this buyer make the offer ? is it just to cost me time ? or he had a change of mind ? or could not be bothered ? or was he under the infulance of a pub binge ? should i relist ? or is this what the buyer is waiting for so he can intenlionally start a case in e bay where of course e bay will favor the buyer ? my loss of time is costing me , is this really equal to human rights ? that this type of person can cause pain and hardship ? other people miss out because of this not just myself. 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

So has the buyer paid you already?

Just because an offer was made doesn't mean the buyer will accept the offer.

If the buyer hasn't paid then open a case for non payment you can do this after 4 days and then close it after another 4 days if the buyer still hasn't paid.

Sellers need to read ebay's policy on selling before listing just to make sure they agree with the T & Cs.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

i would of not posted if the buyer has paid , but this buyer has not even contacted , for what ever reason he has not contacted i do not know , it is not like i do not understand sometimes things go wrong , but DIRECTLY after ? as i was online and watching at the time he made the offer , oh please do not forget e bay offers automatic accept , we all make mistakes , not why on earth would one not say ? just IGNORE AND WALK AWAY? turn the blind eye cover on ? blame someone else ? after all plenty of times i have bought and RIGHT AWAY i pay , but understanding some people are not like that , i am sure his 8 pos feedback says so in all what he does, as some of these comments are not quite right . i do not make a living at this , i am not really a seller , but i thought i would give it a try ONE MORE TIME , so no pay , no messages from buyer , just a complete wastye of time and money, money ? YES cas i have a fair bit on my plate to do rather than just SITTING and waiting for the judgement of the grand  GURU of AUCTION CONTRACT. oh or am i in a system where it makes its OWN RULES AND LAW. ?  

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Like I said if you don't open a case right now and close it when you can so you can get your FVFs back you have only lost your time.

Who knows how and why buyers do what they do but when something like this happens you go crazy for a moment and then you need to move on as you can't force the buyer to pay or buy from you.

Has it been 4 days since the offer if so then open a case so you can start the process of getting your fees back and put this down to a bad sale experience and learn from it for future selling if you ever go there again.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

i had already done so the other day , the thing is , other people miss out due to this as i should/can not relist , and this is not the first time , i have sold things over e bay before , you might say it is only time lost , but for some TIME IS MONEY , like i said it is not the listing of , as even now at the price i had it at it was loss of money , but to know my as you might say "art" is released , it is my effort of doing this , i will see if i can place a pic on . 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

DSCF1302.JPG

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Look I understand where you're coming from with all the time and effort and money you put in but ebay and potential buyers don't give a rats **bleep** about that and I'm sure you know that.

As you're waiting for your fees to be refunded have you considered listing on another platform to see if it sells?

Something like that could easily sell elsewhere and you won't even have to pay any fees.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes of course but this is the issue , if i sell it elsewhere then all of a suden this buyer decides to front up ? it sold on the 3rd ,i contacted the buyer with no reply , but if i relist elsewhere then the buyer fronts up or i do this and e bay regulations jump , how ? 

now i would like to move this train layout along , and that someone else can enjoy it , bas i of right now fixing a B class mercedes that i bought for my wife (yes i bought it on e bay) and i did the right thing , i contacted the seller , i met on time , i paid for it right in the very start ? i bought it AS IS (like most things) and i now under fixing the issue that will cost a further 650 dollars + postage to repair it , but in the mean time i got to do this hoo har i have been subjected to , i got to fix this car , i got to cut my grass so the real estate do not do a monkey dance , i got to wash the dog , feed the cat , ETC ETC of all the standard things that most people do . 8 days wasted on selling as i can not sell it not knowning if this buyer is going to do the right thing or not . (sigh) so i can not relist anywhere until all this hoo har is over . 

my time is valuable and 8 days now wasted. who pays for people wasted time ? as i am sure i am not the only one. 

after all this is over it can go onto gumtree, or another web site. 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Just list it at the price you want, with BIN set up and Immediate Payment activated.

This, at least will reduce the non payers by 100%.

Since it's a pickup item, I would suggest you put your postcode in the heading itself, so that will help to narrow down your pool of buyers.

Also, after looking at the text of the item, I would also recommend that you only photograph and list what is included. I would not be mentioning that such and such is excluded in the body of the text. You need to polish up the listing, as I would find your message confusing as to what is in and what is not. If you expect buyers to make offers on other items, you need to list them separately. 

Clear paragraphs, spelling and punctuation are your friend when listing such an expensive item and to avoid any buyer confusion.

Buyers don't care about your story or that you rent.

You have mentioned that buyers can view before purchase, but you may most likely find yourself in the dogbox with Ebay if you attempt to give a potential buyer your address or phone number if they have not already committed to purchase.

It might be better listed in your local FB marketplace or Gumtree.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

i started a non payment , and still waiting for results of this or for this person to contact

You do realise you can close this case after the 4 days has passed, no result will be fortcoming if you don't.

Go to Resolution centre, Choose receive Fee Credit snd then close the case.

The the buyer gets a strike and you get your fee's back and are free to relist

If you opened the case on 3/3 - you can action it now

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply