item not restocked after cancellation

I've had a couple of buyers over the last few weeks who have browsed, bought and paid for items and then decided that they don't want them. I'm generally ok with that as I just send through a cancellation that buyer changed mind and close up the transaction (and add to BBL)

Anyway, I just noticed that Ebay doesn't return that sold item into my stock.

In other words, I had 4 cushion covers of a particular design and someone bought one 2 days ago. Decided she didn't want it so I cancelled the transaction. Money was refunded, all was good until I noticed that my quantity still said "3 remaining". Surely it should have gone back up to 4 after the cancellation?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It's a good (some may say great) system eBay have.....

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Usually after a cancellation, you need to relist the item manually, so with multiples that would already have relisted the remainder, I would expect you would have to adjust the quantity manually as well.  I could be wrong though, and happy to be corrected in that event.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If you have Inventory tracking set up through Selling Manager Pro if a FVF is requested through ebay (either as a cancellation or non payer) and the item hasn't been marked as posted the stock level will adjust back up again.

If you don't have Inventory tracking set up you need to adjust the quantities manually.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/inventory-quantity.html

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks Jens, that makes sense.

I don't have the inventory set up, so I'll have to do the manual allocations.

Thanks guys.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply