item return dispute

hi 

it is issue  about tupperware clearbowl . when a buyer buy goods from ebay it is buyers responsibility to read discription properly. 

In my case, buyer has open a dispute that its not the items she asked for. buyer is apparently looking for big salad bowls. 

but I have never mentioned in my description that these are salad bowls and gave a proper discription about the size as well.  

Buyer keep insisting that its not salad bowl, but i never mentoned that its a salad bowl. 

Pleaes guide what should be done next.

Thanx

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

item return dispute

You're not talking to eBay here,  just members like yourself.  We should be able to help though. I checked both your sold items and neither mention they are salad bowls (although could probably be used at such). 

You have listed as returns not accepted and this is clearly a change of mind return. If the buyer escalates the dispute,  they will win. Even though you don't accept returns, I would ask the buyer to send it back for a refund of the purchase price only.

Make sure you reply to the dispute saying that there was no mention of them being salad bowls. You could also ring eBay and refer them to the dispute saying they want a refund for not being a salad bowl when there is no mention of such so therefore is a change of mind rather than not as described.

Sorry if someone else has replied and said the same thing. I had a few interruptions when typing.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

item return dispute

The buyer should not have a case because you have clearly set out the size in the listing.    Keep replying to the dispute explaining that the size was given, and no mention was made of salad bowls.    

There is too much of this kind of thing - the buyer does have a responsibility to read the listing.     If ebay finds against you, appeal.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

item return dispute

allfixelectrical
Community Member

I had a similar issue lately with a roll of speaker wire where the buyer claimed it was not as described because it was not as heavy duty as he expected but we clearly had the wire size in the description.

A not as described dispute was opened and I phoned ebay to inform them that it was not in fact incorrectly described and pointed out the details in the description.

The ebay rep agreed with me and they put the case on hold for 10 days for the buyer to return the item, and although the status of the case didn't change in the resolution centre, they treated it as a change of mind return as we have a 14day return policy for such purchases.

They then sent the buyer an email informing them that they had decided that it was a remorse return and that the buyer needed to return the item at his expense for a refund less original postage as per our return policy.

After 10 days had elapsed, the buyer had not bothered to return the item so ebay closed the case and released the funds in paypal.

Admittedly it did take another 2 phone calls to customer service and 2 days after the case had ended before we got the money released but it did happen.

Your case sounds very similar except for the fact that you don't accept change of mind returns, so if you can convince ebay customer service that the item was correctly described they should be able to close the case in your favour there and then.

Remind them that trying to extort funds from you by claiming an item is not correctly described when in fact it was is fraud.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

item return dispute

The clearbowl slimline set you sold-sizes were  listed.

The buyer obviously did not read the description very well as the largest of the 3 bowls is only listed as 750 ml. That's not  a large salad bowl in anyone's language and if the woman interpreted size simply on photos then the seller should not be held to account.

I'd do what Tippy says.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

item return dispute

Tippy toes can you explain how a buyer would win that case if no mention of salad bowls was made? If the item received matches the listing then surely there's no case for the buyer to win?
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

item return dispute

Yes, we all know how it works in theory but the reality of an ebay dispute is quite different.

It is fairly well established if a case is escalated and ebay is asked to step in they usually find in the buyer's favour and refund the original item cost and postage and tell the buyer to keep the item.

No matter what proof the seller produces it can be like talking to a brick wall.....ebay will not budge.

Unfortunately most buyers will not believe a seller who offers a refund without involving ebay....and sellers are loath to involve ebay in any way for obvious reasons.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

item return dispute

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Yes, we all know how it works in theory but the reality of an ebay dispute is quite different.

It is fairly well established if a case is escalated and ebay is asked to step in they usually find in the buyer's favour and refund the original item cost and postage and tell the buyer to keep the item.

This is just so unfair - we should all fight it to the ditches.     The buyer buys oranges, then says "I thought it was lemons"?    Ebay has to draw the line somewhere on behalf of the sellers.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

item return dispute

Yes, of course it is wrong but it happens nevertheless.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply