listing limitsGiven 200 free listings. listed 100 and now told my listing limit need to increased

Rang Ebay customer support. This happened a few moments ago when I went to list to discover that although Ebay have given me 200 free listings and I have listed 100 I now need to increase my limit for selling. The 200 free listings were for 4 days and today is the 3rd day. I AM TOLD BY CUSTOMER SUPPORT THAT THE AREA  I NEED TO SPEAK TO IS CLOSED SATURDAY AND SUNDAY AND NO ONE CAN HELP ME.. So basically I cannot list or use the other free 100 listings. I cannot be the only one that this has happened too?? Any suggestions??

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

listing limitsGiven 200 free listings. listed 100 and now told my listing limit need to increased

All new sellers have listing limits and once you reach the limit for the month you won't be able to list any further items, free or not.

Have you tried to increase your selling limits? In your My eBay at the top of your All Selling page there should be info about your monthly limit and a link to Request higher selling limits.

More info about requesting higher selling limits:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/sellinglimits.html#increasing

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. Yes believe it or not my selling limit is 100 or $7,500.00 whichever comes first.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

So is mine, but I didn't get this offer, so it doesn't matter.

And the offer you received for the 200 free listings explicitly stated that if you have selling limits the offer will not allow you to list past them.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I got an MC999 notice on sunday morning so I couldn't use any of my free listings!!

They had to review my account apparently .. only took 1 min today to complete. Worst timing ever

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

All new sellers have listing limits and once you reach the limit for the month you won't be able to list any further items, free or not.

Have you tried to increase your selling limits? In your My eBay at the top of your All Selling page there should be info about your monthly limit and a link to Request higher selling limits.

More info about requesting higher selling limits:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/sellinglimits.html#increasing

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. Yes believe it or not my selling limit is 100 or $7,500.00 whichever comes first.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

So is mine, but I didn't get this offer, so it doesn't matter.

And the offer you received for the 200 free listings explicitly stated that if you have selling limits the offer will not allow you to list past them.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I got an MC999 notice on sunday morning so I couldn't use any of my free listings!!

They had to review my account apparently .. only took 1 min today to complete. Worst timing ever

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Yes I have a suggestion....GUMTREE, IOFFER,CRAIGS LIST

This is a Joke, we are the customers, paying high fees, forced to use Paypal also (owned by Ebay).

Ebay has become a dictatorship, I cannot run a business when they just change the goal posts every few months and locking you out of your potential sales. It just isnt reliable anymore...what next?..all at random.

Seems like people need to "try and justify their jobs" at Ebay, so they come up with these "Random" policies that solve nothing.

A few months ago Paypal froze MY MONEY without warning and at "RANDOM" until I produced I.D..and as usual they claim it was to make it safer...what a load of **bleep**...MY MONEY!!..who does that?..is that even Legal??

They dont take into account perfect feedback & longevity...(They dont care)..These are the people who keep Ebay going, and they are also the people who are sick of it, and will be leaving.

GUMTREE, IOFFER,CRAIGS LIST...NO fees or CONTINIOUS HASSLES

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I don't recall eBay changing the goalposts since last May, so more than a few months.

You are NOT forced to offer Paypal - you can offer Paymate or a merchant credit card facility.

It is a legal requirement for Paypal to ask for additional proof of ID in some circumstances. They would be breaking the law by not doing so. And it is a separate entity to eBay.

Gumtree is owned by eBay, so surely you would have the same issues there. It is also a classified site, so aimed at a different type of seller than here.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Last May!! ...LOL.

I cannot run a business with constant random unnessary unpredictability!

And taking away Negatives is not an honest feedback system, is it?...

I have had that many non paying buyers since this Goalpost change...its just rediculas!

I seem to remember I cannot sell without a Paypal account?...Paypal IS Owned by Ebay.

I agree with legal requirements, however, I sold an expensive item then they FROZE my account until I produced and satisfied their requirements. They HELD MY MONEY for 3 months!!..I had to threaten legal action...I dont see anything legal about that.

I find it very suspect as to why they didnt ask for the "legal requirements" BEFORE the funds were added...would it be because I would have just closed the account?..because of the hassles?...blackmail. Do a google search, it is not a one off.

Ebay purchased Gumtree to kill competition...the policies are not the same, because it wouldnt survive enforcing these policies.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

The feedback goalpost was moved over 5 years ago. About the time a seller was required to offer one of THREE safe payment methods - Paypal, Paymate OR merchant credit card facility.

Hardly every few months.

As far as the frozen money goes, perhaps you should have provided the required information in less than three months. It's an Australian Government anti-laundering requirement and it is triggered when the money hits the account, not before.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

i just got seller limits put onto my account iam never allowed to sell on ebay again.

reason because customers push willy nilly buttons when giving feedback.

i only have 4 negative feedback since i first ever started selling on ebay.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply