need help selling for 1st time please

Hi Im new to elling on ebay. Can anyone give me some tips please. Im in the Adelaide area if anyone would like to show me in the library maybe:

I want to sell a few things just need a bit of confidence to get it right.

Many thanks

Kathy

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

loughlin888, read through every link of these pages.

Selling policies

Listing policies

And take very careful note of the information I have posted in this thread.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

List a few things as experience is the best teacher.

Even the process of listing items can give you a good idea of how ebay works.

Always start auctions at a price you are happy to sell at in case you only get one bid.

Or list as Buy it Now for 30 days.

image host
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Start by selling a few small items that you can easily wrap, or put in a bag or box.  You will need a set of scales to weigh your parcels.  Parcels under 500 grams can be posted to any address within Australia for $7.95. Over that weight goes by size, weight and distance. The eBay website will automatically calculate postage for you and add it to your listing if you put in the size and weight of your parcel when you list it, and select "calculated postage" 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

First off, pick a few things at home you'd like to sell.

-unbreakable is good

-a decent brand is good. 

-not too expensive is good. Don't start with your most precious items.

Now have a real good look at what you are selling & describe it completely, warts and all. Don't be tempted by words like 'as new' or excellent if there is any wear at all on the item or the buyer can complain to ebay and probably get their money back. Ebay would deduct it from you and you would also be forced to pay for return postage if you wanted it back.

So be completely honest.

Take lots of photos, especially if there is the slightest fault, scratch or wear.

Figure out what your fees will be. You'll be paying them on postage too, remember. And while we're at it, factor in tracked postage.

Now set a price that will cover the fees & postage & item plus leave you with a profit. Don't believe ebay prompts about starting at 99c or any such thing. It's not worth your time. You start at a decent price. Buyers aren't necessarily attracted by low prices, they might think something must be wrong with the item.

Remember you can always lower the price down the track if it gets no interest.

The ebay system should prompt you through the process step by step. Take your time to look at each new page carefully before moving on.

Lastly, if it sells, post it off pronto, & I mean pronto.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply