negative feedback for non paying buyers

HOW MANY OTHER SELLERS HAVE HAD A DRAMATIC INCREASE IN THE NUMBER OF NON PAYING BUYERS SINCE THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR BUYERS WAS REMOVED??

I FIND IT TOTALLY UNFAIR, WE SHOULD BE THE MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE TO EBAY NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THEIR THOUGHTS RE REVENGE FEEDBACK AND PROTECTING THE BUYERS FROM BAD SELLERS, BUT AS I HAVE SAID TO THEM , THAT IS NOT THE CASE WHEN ALLOWING SELLERS TO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ONLY WHEN AND IF A BUYER DOES NOT PAY...THAT IS NOT REVENGE AND IT GIVES US A CLEARER INSIGHT INTO THE TYPE OF BUYER WE ARE DEALING WITH.   UNPAID STRIKES DO NOT WARN US, THE BUYER STILL APPEARS TRUSTWORTHY AND THEIR FEEDBACK DOES NOT TELL THE TRUTH OF THE SITUATION , WHIICH ACCORDING TO EBAY IS THE PURPOSE OF FEEDBACK.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Please stop YELLING! 

On a lighter note, I agree that not being able to leave negs for NPBs sucks, but it has been that way for years, so getting all heated up about it now is not really going to have any effect. If they were going to listen to our discontent they would have done it long ago.  Use the system, lodge disputes, close them and get your fees back, and set your blocks (if you wish to minimise the numbers of NPBs) and at the same time you will help other sellers avoid them too.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

PLEASE DON'T YELL AT US, WE DID NOTHING WRONG. See, it's annoying, isn't it?

Given that the removal of buyer negatives happened YEARS AGO, I have not noticed a dramatic or even sudden increase. In fact, I think there are less now than way back when because when they clock up enough, it's bye bye to their account.

I rarely have an issue with non payers because I have appropriate blocks in place, so repeat offenders can't get past my blocks.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Full marks to you for reading it.

I can't tell either way, more - less?

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

What Penny said.

Id also like to add I agree the feedback system is skewed in favour of the buyer only however we can only work with what ebay gives us.

Big deep breathe and accept there will be non - paying ebayers who dont have to pay if they choose not too. Put blocks in place and limit your chances of getting one of them.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

To add, if you leave a +'ve feedback with negative remarks and the buyer reports you, you will be the one to be hit with a policy violation on your account - and the buyer gets the comment removed but keeps the +ve feedback.

I would hope you don't get reported and eBay look into your feedback left................. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

@padi.0409.0409 wrote:

To add, if you leave a +'ve feedback with negative remarks and the buyer reports you, you will be the one to be hit with a policy violation on your account - and the buyer gets the comment removed but keeps the +ve feedback.

I would hope you don't get reported and eBay look into your feedback left................. 

Yep, awesome feedback OP has left-just also wondering if their caps lock is stuck ?

ANOTHER IGNORANT BUYER.BUYS AND DOES NOT PAY OR ANSWER MESSAGES.REMOVE FROM EBAY

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Seems we're not the only ones that get yelled at and we didn't do anything wrong!!!!

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Some individuals that are not computer savvy and do not regularly converse over the Internet simply do not understand that caps lock is the equivalent of shouting.

I don't think that is particularly ground breaking information.  It is just the way it is ....

Not everyone has had the same access to computers, training, education etc etc  we each work with the skills and experience we have.

JMO, but I think entire caps locked posts are forgivable, until demonstrated a poster intends their post to represent shouting.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

A scroll through the OP's feedback left tells a different story cats, they use capslock when attempting to highlight the postitive feedback with negative comments, (and a couple with positives for an outstanding transaction.)

So I believe they were fully aware that capslock is "shouting".

I'm willing of course to be proved wrong on this one.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply