odd address

Hi

Today i sold a item (a digital game)

The buyer paid, has only a few purchases total on ebay, so i clicked the username and said they were based in italy.

But the shipping address and paypal funds came form the US (same as what it said on eaby), so wasnt to worried about that.

But then when i looked at the address on google, its a libary in the US, paypal account is also unverified, been scammed before so just a little worried, do you think it looks odd?

thanks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

odd address

It does look pretty odd.  Mismatching addresses can always be a problem.  I'd contact the buyer about it first and see what they say, then go from there.  Might have to end up cancelling the sale or contacthing eBay for advice.

I sold a print to someone who provided a France address a few months ago and then they put in a claim for Item Not Received and provided a London address.  As it didn't have international tracking (so expensive here in Australia!) I lost $40.  I'm still very bitter about it.  PayPal chose to rule in the buyer's favour despite of the bad address most likely being problem.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

odd address

I refuse to send to many buyers based in Europe, including France and Italy. There are so many problems it's not worth it.

It's easy to exclude a country if you wish - you can adjust in your site postage settings.

The guideline is to send to the address on Paypal, not Ebay, but it does sound weird, from what you've written. Unless perhaps they work at the library in the PP address.

You could always cancel the transaction if you feel you are being scammed. Yes, you will get a defect, but it is temporary.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

odd address

Thanks all, I contacted buyer about the address waiting for a response, also emailed eBay for there opinion on the matter.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

odd address

I don't think it's weird, I would say that work at the library.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply