paypal dispute what does this mean/?

i am a seller and there has been a dispute opended this is what the email says

Dear narelle hawdon,

You have received a payment that we believe may not have been authorised by
the PayPal account holder. Here are the details of the transaction we are
investigating:

the person ordered something off me on the16th feb paid for it on the 17th i sent the item on the 18th customer has opened the case on the 19th

i have responded to the claim wth this info to paypal can anyone explain this to me ?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I have just spoken to paypal on this matter apparently the buyer claims she cant remember purchasing the item yet she clicked but it now on the 16th went back in and paid for it on the 17th and i posted it on the 18th beware of people like this lucky for me she is now not responding to paypals questions she has 2 more day to reply or they will rule in my favour

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

So long as you have proof of postage ie: tracking number you will be OK. Ensure you give this info to Paypal.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@juey1966 wrote:

I have just spoken to paypal on this matter apparently the buyer claims she cant remember purchasing the item yet she clicked but it now on the 16th went back in and paid for it on the 17th and i posted it on the 18th beware of people like this lucky for me she is now not responding to paypals questions she has 2 more day to reply or they will rule in my favour

Please keep us all posted on this one. Sounds like another for the Special List !! 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

im new to using this what is special list ?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@juey1966 wrote:

im new to using this what is special list ?

That would be the blocked buyers list - you can put buyers on there to prevent them from buying from you again

http://pages.ebay.com.au/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

So, the buyer has no memory of clicking "Buy It Now" on the item listing. Or of going through and clicking "Buy" again in the confirmation window. Or of going through the various PayPal payment windows the next day.

Sounds like some serious short-term retention issues there - do hope they're getting medical treatment...

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

A good reason not to get on the computer when you've been on the plonk!! I find it a bit far fetched. Why do buyers have to lie? Why not just say they have changed their mind?

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

ok the outcome of the matter is and i am NOT HAPPY  i sell seeds mostly $2.00 per packet and yes it is a small amount to quibble over but it is the principleof the matter !!!!!! there was no tracking as on $2.00-$4.00 items it is not viable to pay for tracking

This person has my seeds AND LEFT ME POSITIVE FEEDBACK 

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

A good reason not to get on the computer when you've been on the plonk!! I find it a bit far fetched. Why do buyers have to lie? Why not just say they have changed their mind?

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

paypal refunded their money case in their favour

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply