quarantine rules...Soooo freaking frustrating that eBay won't let us ban postcodes

Ok....got some of my fruit trees in a new store now and its starting all over again...Still getting buyers from TASMANIA and WA in BOTH plant stores. even though I have it clearly explained in my listing the cosequenses...Noooooo, I cant put warning it in the title as I need that space for KEY words...EBAY MUST LET PLANT SELLERS BAN post codes starting with 6 and 7.Not just countries!!!...Such a waste of time trying to refund etc without defects , penalties or whateve eBay are doing to sellers who cancel and refund orders.....etc...Thats it!..Im going shopping...

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

quarantine rules...Soooo freaking frustrating that eBay won't let us ban postcodes

OMG...at last!! I could do this, as you suggested in this store but when I tried in the main store thats been around for like everrrrrr I get this message

You can't get started with business policies right now.

We'd like to have you benefit from them right away, but we're introducing them gradually so the transition goes smoothly for everyone. Check the My eBay selling section periodically to find out when it's available to you.

I will ring ebay to see if they can lift it in my case.

Someone said that if any one new , you would ,but its so strange that all the upsets this quarantine issue has caused and ebay CS just kept telling me that if its a concern to a majority of people they will consider this.
I need to tag one seller in particular (oops , I mean send him the link) who has had a lot of grief over this issue causing several unnecessary suspensions...

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Move it to the top of your Description in big red letters

CANNOT SEND TO TAS OR WA

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

i thought ebay did let you ban postcodes...

try this link... http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/shipping-costs.html#where

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Maybe use the Postage rate tables and add a surcharge for quarantine:

http://frame.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ShippingRateTable

Or you can access them by going to your My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Postage preferences and then

scroll down to : Use postage rate tables and click on Edit on the far right.

Or you can make it the cost high so they wont buy.

I've never used them so don't know how it works,pardon.gif

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Excuse my ignorance but how do I get the BIG RED font...?

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Yep, just went there but still showing countries and PO boxes...

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Thanks, I will look at that. But failing all that. I think I came up with and idea...Change my user name to .

no-post-wa-tas-thefruitshed   Shame we cant use capitals

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

the_fruit_shed wrote:

Excuse my ignorance but how do I get the BIG RED font...?

Just  change the colour via the palette by going to the arrow next to the A ,(next to Font size )

It will then change the colour.

For larger lettering change the font size and then click on the B to make it appear

"thicker"

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

I do my listings via Turbo Lister and change the colours in Description builder,(you can do the same

thing there)good.gif

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Just curious, because I have seen it mentioned in LOTS of listings over the years, why can't you post to WA or Tas? I'm assuming it's a quarantine issue, but what sort of quarantine issue?

Sorry to go off topic ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply