re : Ebay site glitches and PayPal 21 day payment holds

OK never relised how far the glitches on Ebays site go till today, not only have a lot of previous menus and things like the ability to add a note to orders dissapeared, and now noticed can not select the tracking numbers in our orders, to view the status, but also in reference to the PayPal 21 day payment hold as well, got a few expensive orders in the last couple of days, but no unlocked funds to pay suppliers, so out of desperation rang PayPal, (read all the horror stories on PayPal customer service so was not expecting much) any how within a minute was speaking to a customer service lady, asked if she could release some funds on delivered items, gave her tracking numbers, saw they had been delivered for some time, and promplly released those payments, then with out asking she released all payments bar ones from 3 days ago, how good is that, best customer service i ever came across, so asked her do i need to upload tracking numbers directly to Paypal, she said they are supposed to auto upload from Ebay to Paypal, but apparently not happening as this is another glitch on Ebay, so therefore Paypal can not check tracking as to delivery status, and therefore release funds once items are deliverd.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I can still add notes. I added some just yesterday. I was packing parcels as well as large letters and had quite a few orders to pack, so as each parcel was packed, I added a note saying "packed" to the order. That was in case I got interrupted and lost track of where I was up to and so I know I didn't miss any. I also added 2 notes or sold orders as a reminder that the buyers are still bidding on other items that don't finish for another 5 days. I didn't want to forget and resend an invoice or ask where their payment was!

I also added a note to an order in my purchase history that is getting close to falling off. If it does fall off and the order doesn't arrive, I can see in the archives that it hasn't arrived and the seller will refund. It's in Australia now, so I should have it in the next few days, but it was just a reminder for myself that that particular one hadn't arrived yet.

Why are you having funds held? Isn't your account established? Or is it defect related?

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Hi,

OK yes i use notes as well so i know what is ordered and color preferences ect, but have not been able to do that for a week now, not sure if it was as store was on holiday setting or what, yes unfortunately it is defects that is holding our funds, as just recently with the new return system a couple of customers returned perfectly working phones as they thought they were defective, or in another case i suspect changed there mind and used a lot of lame reasons as to why they thought it was faulty, whereas prior to the new system, we had a chance to walk the customers through the settings to sort the problems but now to easy just to hit that return this item selection, which stands out at the top of any purchases in bold text, and contact the seller is pratically hidden away.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply