10 REPLIES 10

regarding contacting sellers.

yes

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Hi, the-second-zoo,

that is good news.

Do you know where that can be found in eBay policies?

I would like to copy it and have it showing in the descriptions

of the machines that I have listed.

I am hoping that sellers would not be penalised

for reprinting their policy in a description.

Does any body have an opinion on the above? 

Regards,

John.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

This post and this help page may be of use for you.

From the latter, quoting:

Find your seller’s phone number

Sellers can choose to share their phone number before and/or after a sale. If your seller has opted to share their number, you’ll find it in one of these places should you need to contact them:

• On the Find answers page by selecting Other once you’ve chosen Contact seller from a listing. You’ll see an option to view the seller’s phone number if they’ve opted to share it.
  • On the contact form on the Find answers page once you’ve selected Contact seller.
  • If you respond to an email sent by your seller, you’ll see an option to view their phone number if they’ve opted to share it.❞

If you are selling, and want to have your phone number available for buyers, the settings can be edited under Managing your Q&A for buyers.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

How about thier address so that you tell them where they can jam the **bleep** product that thy are selliong

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

If its **bleep** don't buy it.

If it is an after sales issue, use the appropriate channels for redress.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@leatherland1 wrote:

Hi, the-second-zoo,

that is good news.

Do you know where that can be found in eBay policies?

I would like to copy it and have it showing in the descriptions

of the machines that I have listed.

I am hoping that sellers would not be penalised

for reprinting their policy in a description.

Does any body have an opinion on the above? 

Regards,

John.

You cannot put your phone number anywhere else except in the appropriate Q&A section.  If you put it in the description you'll get a policy violation if you're reported.  It won't take too many of those before they'll close you down completely.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Hi brerrabbit585,

thanks for that,

but what I meant to say was - -

I want to include  the actual "policy" telling buyers how to see a sellers number.

Regards,

John.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@leatherland1, I quoted the actual policy in my previous post. If you hover over the hyperlink "this help page", you'll see that I've included the name of the help page/policy. (For the record, it is Contacting a seller after you buy an item.) Just click onto the hyperlink to reach the specific policy. I've also quoted the relevant section from that policy; it's the text below in quotation marks.

@countessalmirena wrote:

This post and this help page may be of use for you.

From the latter, quoting:

Find your seller’s phone number

Sellers can choose to share their phone number before and/or after a sale. If your seller has opted to share their number, you’ll find it in one of these places should you need to contact them:

• On the Find answers page by selecting Other once you’ve chosen Contact seller from a listing. You’ll see an option to view the seller’s phone number if they’ve opted to share it.
  • On the contact form on the Find answers page once you’ve selected Contact seller.
  • If you respond to an email sent by your seller, you’ll see an option to view their phone number if they’ve opted to share it.❞

If you are selling, and want to have your phone number available for buyers, the settings can be edited under Managing your Q&A for buyers.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I can't see a problem with that so long as you word it carefully. I'd keep it simple and just say something along the lines of, "If you'd like to ring me for more information on this item, click on 'contact seller' (or whatever it actually says) and you'll find my details under there." If they're too dumb to find their way from there, you probably don't want them ringing you anyway. You might be able to say "you'll find my details under ..." and specifically name what it's under.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply