regarding fund on hold

milkzhan
Community Member

I recently use ebay to sell some small products (just for hobby). For the first two buyers, their funds were paid to my paypal and were available immidiately. But since the third buyer comes, all the following funds in paypal were on hold. I know there is an policy for begginer buyer. But I just like to know, when the 21 days passed for the third buyer paying day, do all other funds became available? Or all other funds still need to wait 21 days?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

regarding fund on hold

I presume your sales were on another ID to this one as you don't have any current or completed listings on the milkzhan ID.

As far as I'm aware the 21 day hold applies to each sale until either the item is shown as delivered by tracking or the buyer leaves positive feedback, you may have to phone paypal is either of those scenarios has happened and ask them to release your funds, as it doesn't necessarily happen automatically.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

regarding fund on hold

Thanks for your ideas. I do have another ID for selling. Do you mean I need to contact PAYPAL (not ebay) to release the fund? If I don't contact them, the fund won't be released even after 21 days? Also do I need to contact them for every current or the future sale? If yes, that will be a lot of unworthy time. Some seller sell hundreds of items everyday, do they also need to contact PAYPAL hundreds of time every day?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

regarding fund on hold

The funds will be released by Paypal (not eBay) after 21 days provided the buyer hasn't opened a case in either eBay or Paypal for INR or INAD (item not recieved or item not as described).

And yes, until you have a proven track record for selling successfully on eBay the hold will continue, I believe the figure is around 40 sales in 6 months.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

regarding fund on hold

If you upload tracking numbers into PayPal as well as eBay, the system should automatically release the funds around 3 days after tracking shows as delivered. Otherwise you need to call them or just wait the 21 days.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply