return policy protocols revoked with no resolution even though rules state differently

OMG the frustration with the system is mind-bending. ok so i sold an item in the add it clearly states that in certain situations it will not work and this is outlined in the add. said customer decides to buy it anyway to see if it might work (his words) guess what it did not. so he files a return. ok . item sent back to me, it takes 10 days to arrive, the minute it was delivered the customer asked eBay to step in because it is over there 3 day return time limit, they granted a refund even though i had no time to inspect it, had an email and a phone conversation stating that once i receive the item i can see what condition it is in and make a decision based on this. well, this did not happen. obviously, i complained and even though eBay agreed with what i said there was no change to the outcome, not only that, i had a defect against my account for something that was beyond my control!

i dont care about the $50 but its the principal and the lack of commitment to adhere to the policies that are put in place. it is supposed to be a level playing field but clearly it is not.

<Removed>

Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0