sale of deleted item

The sale of a sewing machine with elna overlocker is wrong because , the item was deleted last year and somebody has payed for it and the money has been put into my bank account on the24th August. The item in question was withdrawn from sale last year so could You [ Ebay ] please get in touch with me.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

sale of deleted item

This is a member to member forum, nobody from eBay reads here

Go to the top of any page to 'eBay help' and scroll down

Have you communicated with the 'new buyer'. please do so asap, especially since has been so long already 

eBay have a habit of re-listing long ended items 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

sale of deleted item

If you search the forum, you will see that there are quite a few sellers who suddenly saw their sold items relisted even after SEVERAL years. The only thing you can do is contact eBay via live chat. And if the buyer doesn't believe you and leaves negative feedback, eBay will remove it. They know about the issue - they just don't know how to fix it.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

sale of deleted item

Ebay won't reply.

Just cancel the sale which will result in a refund.

I've had this happen on another site - several items have popped up again as active, even though I had sold them more than 12 months ago. Usually I just write a light hearted message to the buyer apologising and indicate this it is a glitch on the platform.

Another thing - are you sure the money is in your bank account? Since 2020, all sellers have had to move to the new Managed Payments system with ID verification. For infrequent sellers such as yourself, money is now held as pending until the item shows tracked delivery so it seems unlikely you would already have the funds so quickly.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

sale of deleted item

sale of deleted item

Newbie member .

โ€ฆ.  Iโ€™ve actually sent them a private message hoping they will return here to see replies. ๐Ÿคž

*counting this as my good deed for the week! ๐Ÿ˜‰*

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply