sales still not happening

My friend has started to have sales again this weekend after missing the pre easter rush for swimwear.

Perhaps opening a discussion helped to restore her standing with ebay.

My last sale was 19/3/15 so, i have also missed the usual per Easter rush.

I am a top rated seller with 100% feedback,so what has gone wrong??

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You are not alone.

After selling on ebay for the last nearly 8 years and hardly ever having to relist any of my sale items (up to a couple of years ago), I now feel pathetically fortunate to get even one bid on my items (forget completely about multiple bids !!) and on average sell a couple of items a weeks. 80 - 85 % of my sale items are relisted 2 or 3 times before selling.

After multiple relistings of some items, I just give up on selling them at all.

Its obviously part of a general downward trend especially for small sellers, with buyer interests waning badly in recent times.

We could speculate for ever on the causes behind this situation and there has been a lot of discussion on the boards about this.

We can only hope that the trend will be reversed in the not too distant future !!

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Welll my store sales have just started to pick up but my auction listings are at an all time low. As I will be closing everything down for the winter come Monday it is not going to be something I have to worry about until November but if things are as slow as they are at the moment I will be looking at alternatives.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I've given up on auctions in my niche market...I'm sick of items selling well below cost, so I only use BIN. Not that I'm happy with sales at present - since around Sept' last year, things are being relisted 5-6 times before any interest is shown, and most items are brand-new and half the price offered elsewhere!

Yet the same items I'm selling, are moving hand-over-fist in B&M stores, so a slowdown in retail sales is not the answer.

I've raised prices, slashed prices, offered freebies - none of which seems to make any difference.

I've traded on ebay for over 15 years - and have never, ever, seen it so slow. That ebay is attempting to drive out smaller sellers, in preference to the larger chains and o'seas sellers is more than just a rumour - it's plainly obvious!

Other posters are saying that you can hear the crickets chirping, and they're not too far wrong!

I'm just so glad that ebay's only pocket money to me...I'd hate to be like some and relying on it for a living!

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I too noticed the decline in sales turnover from last September and the last 2 weeks on ebay have been the most dismal, so much so that I think it is time to start listing on other sites as well and although I realise the traffic would not be much it could not be much lesser than what I am currently experiencing on ebay at the moment and most of these other sites at least either do not charge fees or the fees charged are fairly low ...
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

see below post

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I am devastated that I have had to turn to GT due to non existant sales since 8 days ago.  I am hoping swapmeet will   become more known , but it is very new, only 3 months old and then there are other sites. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Has that something to do with poor ebay and paypal performance as well as a number of crooks on ebay?Ebay would be a great idea

in ideal world.The worse economic situation the more crooks.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Dead as door nail here. Never been this bad since they hid the stores 9 years ago causing the big O exodus.

That exodus turned into a flop, prefer not to repeat that
-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

As I've mentioned on these forums over the past two months plus, sales have nosedived.  I used to sell 30-40 prints a week, now I'm selling about 5 or 6 a week, 10 if I'm lucky.  I just don't understand what has happened.  I've been looking elsewhere and have tried a few other sites but no results there either.  The number of watches are down too.  It seems like I am definitely getting less exposure then before.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply