selling restriction on my account for selling gym tights

ffrokk
Community Member

Fellow sellers, my account has had a selling restriction put on it because I have (had) listed 3 pair of Lululemon gym tights. This apparently constitutes a used athletic item. Errrr yes, they have been worn but are as new. For some reason, there are still about a thousand other used gym tights still listed, what is the difference between theirs and mine? This is happening frequently with my listings, I sell a bit of gym wear and more often than not at least half of the listings are cancelled due to violation of listing policy.  I sell leggings, tops and general ladies gym gear, not used sweaty jock straps for heavens sake. I feel somewhat singled out. Would it be safe to assume that someone may be reporting my listings as a bit of a sport? Ebay advised I would not be able to create any new listings for a day, well it's now 28 hours and still the restriction has not been lifted. P*ssed off is an understatement. Any advice? Thanks ain advance

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

tstore
Community Member
Something used cannot be 'as new'. Other seller items probably just have been overlooked and if you report their items they will soon be removed too. You say your account has been limited. This would not happen if you had the policy viloation once. Seems you kept relisting them and acrued multiple take down notices
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Used can be described as "as new", and yes the thousands of other items have most definitely been overlooked, I'm not a reporter especially when I disagree with their definition of "athletic items",  my gripe is why am I always singled out and my listings removed and others remain.I am happy to wear the penalty if it's fair and applies to all, but I am attempting to illustrate a point here, there is a huge lack ofconsistency. And how many hours in a day? last I checked there were 24

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

No, its not fair but thats eBay for you.

Your listings are either being reported by someone or some kind of eBay word search is pulling them up.

Riles you when you can see other listings that don't get pulled but there is zero you can do about it.

l once tried listing a used swim suit. 'Used' as in it was a 1880's wool swim suit. No one would wear it now adays, it was a collectors piece. Listed it, it got pulled and l got slapped. l figured it was eBay's sandpit and they make the rules so l just had to live with it and find somewhere else to sell the suit.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

List them as used leggings in the Women's Pants section rather than Sportswear section. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@luellaluxe wrote:

Used can be described as "as new", and yes the thousands of other items have most definitely been overlooked, I'm not a reporter especially when I disagree with their definition of "athletic items",  my gripe is why am I always singled out and my listings removed and others remain.I am happy to wear the penalty if it's fair and applies to all, but I am attempting to illustrate a point here, there is a huge lack ofconsistency. And how many hours in a day? last I checked there were 24

As soon as it goes through the wash it cannot be "as new" ? This is used gym clothing we are talking about which people have worked out in and sweated in. Better to list as "used" and in the description state they look as new, but definitely don't put in the condition box that they are 'as new' or 'like new' as that is a bit misleading. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@luellaluxe wrote:

but I am attempting to illustrate a point here, there is a huge lack ofconsistency. And how many hours in a day? last I checked there were 24

If you keep on listing as you have been, despite the listings being removed by ebay, you will not be facing a 24 hour suspension.  You will be pemanently suspended.

Is it worth it to make a point?

Just list them as Used Ladies Leggings.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply