struggling with sales this week.

Hi

Having a soft week here,page views are way down.

Anybody have any ideas ?

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunatley I think thats the way things will be from now on. My sales are down 90% or more this month. Ebay hs brought in some "changes" so we now need to be more "competitive" as things are "tight" everywhere. So they have been telling us anyway. I turned over $30 yesterday and nothing for 2 days before that. Up untill the end of April I would consider a turnover of $250 a day to be dissapointing.

For me at least it appears to be time to tighten my belt and consider a new way to earn a living. After 15 years its very dissapointing. But thats life. Thats Ebay. 

Message 2 of 56
Latest reply

So sorry to hear this mate.

I this is ebay,then what right do Ebay have to charge us the money they do,and cut our traffic at the same time.

That is just plain wrong.

Message 3 of 56
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even more so when they have spent years advertising and promoting stories/advertisement on places like A Current Affair on how you can earn a living on Ebay. Strictly speaking they could be held legally accountable for misleading people in this. However to run such a claim successfully would take more time and money than anyone effected by this behaviour could possible have. It is wrong but like so many things in life....fair has nothing to do with it.

Message 4 of 56
Latest reply

I have contact Ebay many times about a lack of page views.

and they go on about key words,quality photos etc.

but after looking in your store i can plainly see that it is not anything we are doing wrong.

your photos and key words are good,just like i think mine are good as well.

the problem is ebay and there infernal best match search engine.

Things have gone down a long way since they introduced it.

I used to get 200 page views per day from 50 active listings.

Now i have over 400 well priced,cheap or free post listings.

Some days i only get 20-50 page views.

I must admit i am really pulling my own hair out now.

It seems that nothing works.

Message 5 of 56
Latest reply

yes sales are down, why even the FORD motor company have had such bad sales they are pulling out of Australia.

a large australia wide cleaning franchise went bust today and

small factories all over australia are closing

- australia is heading for a real recession, and ebay sales will be hard hit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 6 of 56
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im sure this is true. However Australia did not suddenly hit recession on the 1st of May. This change on Ebay happened instantly not gradually. n sure the times will have an effect on Ebay sales. However it is the changes implemented by Ebay that have had an instant effect here. Sales dont plumet overnight by 90% due to th oncoming of an alledged (or real) recession

Message 7 of 56
Latest reply

My May sales, so far, are well in excess of May 2012. My fees have reduced. My category is flooded with dropshippers selling for less than my postage. Yet I still sell things. Go figure.

Message 8 of 56
Latest reply

Hi mate.

We all still sell things,but no way as much as we used to.

I used to sell as much in a day as your total feedback score of 19.

And i am not being rude here,But if you have recieved a feedback score of 19 in 12 months with only 10 active listings at the moment,then i figure that we are in a totally different ball park here.

Everybody knows that things are not what they used to be.And i guess i am on here to try and find some answers to these problems.

Message 9 of 56
Latest reply

Oh, yeah. I have 676 items currently listed. You have 481.

Does that make me superior? Doubtful, but I'm sure a case could be made.

Message 10 of 56
Latest reply