tracking number

I see that ebay allows me to enter a tracking number against a sold item.  I entered the number but can't see where it's displayed.  Presumably the buyer will see it somewhere their end.  (Where would the buyer see it?)  Anyway, as a seller I'd be interested to know where to find it on the listing (after its been entered) should I need to check it at some stage.  Once entered the number seems to go into a black hole somewhere.  Where can it be viewed?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tracking number

The tracking number is also shown on the auto eBay Posted email as a clickable link to the Order Details page.

posted.JPG

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

tracking number

The buyer will see it on the transaction in their purchase history.

And you can select "view order details" to the right of item in your sold list.

(Or simply go to your sold list and it shows underneath the item)

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

tracking number

au.j001
Community Member

They see it in their purchase history. 

Personally I don't do the tracking number thing, as sometimes there are incongruities and buyers invariably blame the seller for these.  For example; the post office you lodge at may not scan it in--- it may be scanned in at a depot in the neighbouring town --- it may show delivered when in actual fact it hasn't been yet (but may be delivered later that day or the next).  

I keep the tracking numbers on my own record though, so I can easily check if something has gone wrong.  

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

tracking number

The tracking number is also shown on the auto eBay Posted email as a clickable link to the Order Details page.

posted.JPG

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

tracking number

Yup. I see it in Order Details. I was looking everywhere but that. Couldn't see the trees for the forest.

Much obliged to you all
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

tracking number

@au.j001 wrote:

They see it in their purchase history. 

Personally I don't do the tracking number thing, as sometimes there are incongruities and buyers invariably blame the seller for these.  For example; the post office you lodge at may not scan it in--- it may be scanned in at a depot in the neighbouring town --- it may show delivered when in actual fact it hasn't been yet (but may be delivered later that day or the next).  

I keep the tracking numbers on my own record though, so I can easily check if something has gone wrong.  

As a buyer I think the tracking numbers are great - it show that the seller is actually doing something about sending my item - in fact I find it annoying when the seller can't be bothered using such a useful function, so I am left in limbo wondering what's happening.

If I can see the tracking number I can see it's progress myself, without havng to email the seller again.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

tracking number

I can see your point, however I don't leave the buyer wondering. 

I mark it as posted.  Give the date.  The buyer receives an email.  The item usually arrives 2-3 days later.  

When I started uploading tracking numbers I would receive emails like, 'The tracking isn't showing, it's invalid'  'the tracking is false, when are you going to send my item'  ' the tracking shows delivered but I haven't got anything, what are you going to do about it' 

Call me old fashioned, but I hate rude, demanding emails.  And buyers tend to be rude on ebay,  particularly those so **bleep** they check the tracking numbers constantly.  So I do what I can to limit their emails to me

. It is very rare for me to get an email asking where an item is otherwise. Just my own personal experience.  Other sellers may find it different.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

tracking number

Huh, thats funny, they bleeped the word a-null (phonetic version).  I didn't think it was a swear word.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

tracking number

So you can see what the buyer sees-

2014-05-21_174535.jpg

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply