tracking without lodgement proof backfires with new system

Just checked my details on which items are showing as 'late delivery" via new dash board. Out of last 5 slaps, only one is showing as buyer ticking box. The other 4 are simply because tracking is showing late delivery..

Does this mean if there was no tracking then it would not be an issue as its not buyer selected initiation?

Does this mean if you use tracking and dont counter lodge  (as per Ebays promoted method) you are leaving yourself open to late delivery even if buyer doesn't select late deliver?.

All my late items are VIC to WA, all show same day label processing which I know means same day posting, and leaving vic distribution center within 2 working days of payment, hence they MUST have been posted within 1 day, but without lodgement proof its not enough.

Do I have to stop shipping to WA and remorte areas because Ebays estimates are out of line with reality?

This is just plain stupid..Do they not kno whow their own promoted service works.

As far as extending your handling time to increase margin...what business under promotes their services deliberately..?? Who provides prompt services but promotes themselves as average..rule 1 of marketing= sell your strong points. Do Pizza shops adervertise that your meal will arrive eventually, when in reality they dispatch within minutes... have Ebay mangement actually been to business school??

Did AP & Ebay go through all this effort to develop online postage prepayment and easy posting....to get more people to queue up in store?? I dont think so. The idea is to prevent the need for people to go instore.

So no its not just a large letter issue. In fact untracked letters will not have this non buyer initiated issue

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

In fact using street box means I have until 6.30 to get same day deliveries out, even if I went to PO everyday (as if) then that would slow shipping down for many items purchased late in the day..All just to cover my butt?? How is that better business.?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Like I said in the other thread. I think it's fair because if you create a label online there is no proof it has actually been lodged it could be sitting around for a few more days before seller gets to post it. So I guess if you want to cover yourself you will have to stand inline.
Ebay should not be promoting online labels as part of seller protection though because clearly it's not.

Increase your handling times out to 5 days if you need to.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

Hi 

I have the same on my dashboard also, 1 buyer reported late delivery and AP reported 4. I post all over Australia using Ebay Labels (which have a new look, changed yesterday) and lodge all parcels at my local PO. My defect on deliveries is 3.53% and I always ship the next day.  I don't like that AP can report late delivery and effect our seller rating.

Cheers

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

New 'Late Shipment Rate'

Late Shipment Rate is an effective, achievable way to measure your delivery performance. It uses tracking to recognise if your item was either sent within the stated handling time or delivered by the estimated delivery date. If there's no tracking, we'll check with your buyer. If your buyer confirms the item was delivered on time, you'll be recognised for sending the item on time.

Here's how it works: 

We just need one of the following to show you’ve sent the item on time: 

• An acceptance scan - When eBay receives a scan within your stated handling time, the item is considered on time. Your carrier should scan the postage label when you take your package to them or when they pick it up.
  • Delivery confirmation - If we don’t receive an acceptance scan, we’ll check to see if your item was delivered by your estimated delivery date. The tracking information you upload with your postage label will show when the item was delivered. If it was delivered by your estimated delivery date, it’s considered on time.
  • Buyer confirmation - If you use a postal service that doesn’t scan, track, or confirm delivery—or if we haven’t received those indicators—your buyer will be asked if the item arrived on time. If the buyer answers yes, the item is considered on time.

Items will be considered late only when:

• Tracking shows late delivery and there's no acceptance scan within your handling time, or
  • Buyer indicates late delivery
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

I think what we are supposed to be now doing is getting our supersonic jets, that travel at 1,000 times the speed of light, and hand deliver all out items within an hour of payment. flying plane.gif

Yes, if someone has a handling time of say 3 days and they take 10 days to post, give them a good old slap, but WHY are sellers being punished because we have a handling time of 5 days (me), post within an hour of payment (with tracking), then AP takes 4 weeks to deliver it? Since when do eBay sellers have control over another company?

I pay for all my postage over the counter, so they are all scanned as being lodged, yet if one gets stuck doing the loopdiloop between Chullora and Sunshine West for a few weeks (which has happened), I'm screwed.

One day eBay might stop punishing sellers for things they have no control over. Yeah, and flying pig.gifflying pig.gif too.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

this is directed too all. you do have control if the company you employ to do your deliveries stuff up too many times  then  change companies.  if your happy with the company you employ to do your deliveries then keep them.

maybe think of the buyers   , why should they wait a so long for a parcel that prob is half the price from china when they get here at the same time in a lot of the cases.  think of the buyers not just your defects.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

@lane-ends wrote:

what business under promotes their services deliberately..?? Who provides prompt services but promotes themselves as average.

I do.

I ship same day on about 80% of orders at the moment, and next day in all other cases. It irks me that the ETA prompted me to keep a 2 day handling time so that I can't tell buyers their order will ship much sooner than they might think, but I did because I want to minimise the risk of packages arriving outside the ETA and having to deal with enquiries, low DSRs, or even bad feedback, all because the appearance of ETAs suddenly make a package look "late" if eBay say it'll get there by Tuesday and it arrives Thursday. 

There is another rule, one more applicable on sites like eBay at times - under-promise, over-deliver. That way you don't just meet expectations, but often exceed them, which generally impresses people a lot more. 

I don't actually care if a buyer sees a date that looks a little long in the ETA and walks away, and I don't care if someone walks away because I don't advertise same day shipping etc. What I care about is that I can maintain my store, and buyer's expectations, within the parameters eBay have set out (whether I agree with them or not, and as you know I most definitely do not agree with the way the shipping metric works). 

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

this is directed too all. you do have control if the company you employ to do your deliveries stuff up too many times  then  change companies.  if your happy with the company you employ to do your deliveries then keep them.

maybe think of the buyers   , why should they wait a so long for a parcel that prob is half the price from china when they get here at the same time in a lot of the cases.  think of the buyers not just your defects.

Not having a go at you Joe, but I only have access to ONE company to deliver goods for me, that being Australia Post. Using couriers is out of the question because the nearest ones are all over 100 kms away from me, & none of them will even entertain the thought to pick up any parcels here. The same goes for thousands of other sellers around the country in regional & rural areas, so we're stuck with the one company who quite often can't get their act together.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

Items will be considered late only when:

• Tracking shows late delivery and there's no acceptance scan within your handling time, or
  • Buyer indicates late delivery

This is my response to their survey,(no wonder they have them so that they wont reply as they'll get a few

that will have a "go" at them):

I understand them,but don't agree with them.

You are going to punish me for something that I have no control over.

I send the items within my handling time and Australia Post delivers them,(if the item arrives late it's their

fault,not mine).

So how can I make certain AP delivers the items on time so that I don't get a defect?

Should I and other sellers just opt for longer handling times so that the item/s have more time to arrive?

They have also altered the handling times box in preparation for this:

If you select 3 days it's followed by: If you select a longer handling time, please note that buyers will be notified

of the longer handling time when they view your item,(plus they now have Exception handling times before

the 4 days and longer as they know that sellers will start using that option.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply