unpaid item dispute seller decided he didnt want item after looking at it

Hi i sold a motor bike buyer come and said its not exactly what he was after. i said i will have to file an unpaid item dispute he said means nothing to me no one looks at feedback anymore can i relist it then file an unpaid item dispute, thanks

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, 4 days later, close the unpaid case.

You get your fee credited back and then you are free to relist.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Yes, 4 days later, close the unpaid case.

You get your fee credited back and then you are free to relist.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You have to open the dispute and close it 4 days later before you can relist.

The buyer will not get a strike.....it was a pickup item and the buyer is free to reject the item for any reason at all.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Just noticed you had multiple bids.

If you are prepared to sell at the price of the next underbidder's max bid then message the next underbidder and let them know the winner is not completing the transaction if they are still interested to contact you before you relist.

image host
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Well, even if 'no one looks at feedback' there are many many people with blocks in place if he has too many unpaid item strikes against his name

Just saying 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

So lyndal1838 your saying that if someone is a winning bidder on any item on ebay , he can go look at it then decide if he wants it or not dosent make sense

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

No, what I said was that if you list a pickup item for sale the buyer has the right to inspect it and reject it if they decide it is not as described or is not what they wanted, or it does not work properly or for whatever reason.

In the case of a motor vehicle any buyer would be mad to just pay without fully inspecting it.   If the buyer pays cash for an item AFTER inspecting it they have no redress to get a refund after taking delivery of the item whereas an item delivered by mail to the buyer can be returned for a refund if the buyer is not happy.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

your saying  they can buy first then inspect it then reject it if they decide if its not as described.or not what they want.the buyer lived 10ks down the road i said why didnt you look before you bidded he words were i buy first then look

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Your buyer has done nothing wrong under ebay rules although I do agree with you that they should have inspected it before bidding....you gave them every opportunity to do so.

Many times I have seen buyers come to the boards after picking up an item they have bought without proper inspection and found it does not work properly....they have effectively done their dough as there is no redress through paypal and certainly no redress if they paid cash.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thats why i said in my description about inspecting so they no what there bidding on, i was only trying to do the right thing so the buyer who ever that may be was happy with what he brought., but i didnt like the way he said to me and my wife i buy first then inspect

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Your buyer has done nothing wrong under ebay rules although I do agree with you that they should have inspected it before bidding....you gave them every opportunity to do so.

Many times I have seen buyers come to the boards after picking up an item they have bought without proper inspection and found it does not work properly....they have effectively done their dough as there is no redress through paypal and certainly no redress if they paid cash.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply