vehicle has reached reserve can i end listing or not

jah_saj
Community Member

Hi, I have a vehicle for auction with a reserve. The reserve has been passed by a bidder. Am I able to remove the listing or not? The reason is that at the same time the bidding was happening my nephew organised for his work mate to buy it. Now I feel a bit stuck as to what to do. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If your listing has words to effect of "Item is advertised elsewhere and may be withdrawn at any time ......" then yes no worries as bidders are aware that may happen.

Otherwise you can cancel the bids, and "End the Item" with reason "Item is No Longer Available" (I would not make a habit of doing this as buyer confidence will be compromised. Be sure to make sure the "mate " has the $$$$$ before dissapointing your bidder.

Alternaively ask your Nephew to suggest his "mate" places a bid on the item and when his bid is winning , end the item early and "sell to highest bidder" via EBay process. This is a "nicer" approach and keeps everyone reasonably happy.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

If your listing has words to effect of "Item is advertised elsewhere and may be withdrawn at any time

If the listing does state that then it is in breach of the listing policies and could see the item removed and a policy violation recorded against the account!

As long as there are more than 12 hours to go you can cancel the bids and end the listing, if there are less than 12 hours you can only cancel bids and hope nobody puts a bid in over the reserve in the last few seconds.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply