what do u do when buyer stands u up twice on picking up item?

I recently sold a item, buyer was meant to pick up at 10 am on saturday, come 11am still no show, no phone call, no text no nothing. Then i give buyer a call, he appoligises and asks if he can pick up sunday morning at 10am, i warned him that he better be on time, he promises me he will be on time and says his sorry again, well what do u know it was a no show again, no msg, no call no nothing again. Now i had to cancell the transaction on ebay and wait 7 days for the case to be closed unless that buyer accepts the complaint, and now at the moment im waiting and my item is still not sold and picked up, i have the ebay fees because of the sale, and i have had to relist the item now!!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

oh dear me no.

you should not have issued a Mutual Cancellation, but instead opened a Non Payment dispute, that you can close in 4 days, and you do not have to have the buyer agree to it, and you get your fvf back from ebay guaranteed.

now, with a mutual cancellation you must wait and hope the buyer agrees, if he does not agree, you will not get your fvf back.

do not relist until the first sale is closed off by ebay

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

How frustrating for you.  

It sorta goes with the area of pick up items sometimes you will encounter unreliable buyers, or those who are very, very busy and caught up in their own lives, without consideration for yours.

I am very fortunate that I have only struck a few of these types of buyers, the vast majority of people who collect them items from me directly are simply lovely and punctual and/or communicate promptly if they are delayed or need to change the time. .

I agree with Putney, opening an unpaid dispute is the best way to go I think, it can be closed more quickly than requesting a cancellation.   it can also serve to get the buyers bottom into gear and pick up the item.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

thank you, i will try doing that next time if it happens again. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply