what happens if a buyer doesnt respond to a case they opened against you? seller issues

demi1944
Community Member

I recently had a buyer open a case saying that they did not recieve their item. I sent the parcel 1st class and have never had any problems with royal mail before and sending my items. I have sold alot of items on ebay and not once have I experienced a problem up until now. The buyer that has opened the case only has one feedback which is negative where as i have 100%. The buyer also bought the item then private messaged me to ask if she could pay less and pay by bank transfer which i declined as you're not supposed to settle outside of ebay. She persisted to ask if we can do a bank transfer as 'her ebay wasnt working' after 3 times of telling her i only accept paypal she went on to ask if i will accept a cheque, for the final time i told her id only accept paypal and her paypal finally worked that last time (weird) She then went on to ask if i can send it to the paypal address rather then the ebay one which i did.

she messaged me a few days later asking if i sent the item even thou i informed her on the day that i sent it that i had. I told her it had been sent a few days prior and she opened a case saying she has not recieved it. I have responded multiple times but she is yet to respond, will this go in my favor? I do believe that she has recieved her item as she seems abit dodgy.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

what happens if a buyer doesnt respond to a case they opened against you? seller issues

Just in case posting here (on the Australian boards) was unintentional, I thought I'd just mention that you may receive more relevant advice on the UK boards.

In saying that, to the best of my knowldedge, you will need to provide PayPal with proof of delivery to the same address as the one showing on the PayPal receipt in order to be able to defend the case. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I can't understand why you would not accept a bank transfer as long as the price was not a lot less than you would save in Paypal fees, that would not have made it an off ebay transaction unless you both mutually cancelled the ebay sale so you got your FVF back. They also could not have opened a dispute.

I haven't sold here in the UK for a long time so have no idea what proofs of posting are acceptable for UK Paypal/ebay seller protection but am pretty sure 1st class post with no signature will not cut it. If the buyer went through checkout then the ebay and Paypal addresses should be the same

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply