where is ebays cutomer service gone?

seems they have dramatically cut customer service, few topics when trying to contact them give the option for online instant chat (although they were useless anyway) I cant seem to find anywhere the option to have them call me that used to be the best option and the "email us, we will respond within 24 hours" usually gets a generic response not relevant to the question asked and usually received well after 24 hours.

Great business ethics ebay,, charge more, offer less & introduce ambiguous changes that greatly affect sellers but dont be clear of how those changes will affect us or how they will be implemented.

IF ebay had any competition they would be gone by now, this is what monopoly gets you.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

to the Philippines... and you have better speak one of the 120 languages spoken over there, I resorted to learn theTagalog, myself to understand the eBay CS officer...

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If you are unable to contact customer service they do not listen to complaints so they do not have anycases to close so they can state in their next advertising campaign.

100 percent of our customers have no complaints.

Just like paypal is the preferred payment method as compared to individual credit card brands just like if 30% of people like paypal

and 35 percent like mastercard and visa but split amongst 10 brands each.

And when speaking to philipines and asking for a supervisor make sure you fit with the timetable.

The supervisor is supposed to start at 8.00 am but often does not arrive till 9.55 then has morning break or meetings from 10.am till midday. then lunch from 12.10 till 2.00 etc.

Is anybody selling anything on Ebay anymore?

I made my first sale since april sixth today.

Page views are down by about 90 %

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I have never had any trouble contacting ebay customer service by phone, I have never had any trouble understanding what they are saying and it is only on very rare occasions that I have a query that needs passing up to a supervisor.

If you follow the prompts under customer service in the correct order you will get a PIN number and the number to call or the option to have ebay call you back.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Whilst I do not have to ring often, when I do I have trouble nearly every time - not with accent, but with canned responses that are ALWAYS inconsistent with eBays own policies.

Nearly always have issues resolved by requesting to speak with supervisors, they seem to be much more helpful and have better listening skills Cat LOL

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Yes communication with eBay seems to be very vague and terrible. The Chinese version of ebay ( I think its called Taobao) seems to be much superior in everyway that eBay have. I'm not sure of the system they use, but I noticed my fiance able to chat to the sellers directly in chat before they purchase. Theres a link on the item page which says if they are online or not and if they are it opens up a chatbox with the seller and because its link to their phone they can reply almost instantaneously. Pretty good for buyers, but as a seller I would see this as a nightmare.. I would hate to deal with customer chit chat for a purchase.. 

Even contacting customer service they reply and do their work pretty fast

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I looked the other day and chose 20 different reasons to contact ebay regarding selling, buying or account enquiries and not once was there an option to have ebay call me.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply