EBAY is not what it was.

Bought a green house on Ebay but only got the plastic cover with no frame. Even the size was a lot smaller than advertised. The item came from Sydney my city but return has to go to China at $43 postage. Ebays says seller responsible for return costs but seller refuses to agree. Scammers Online and Ebay is their platform. For a long time now I refuse to purchase overseas but these guys get around where they are located. I have u8sed Ebay for decades but now it the time to stop. Try to make Complaint to Ebay but unable to contact anyone. Platform is useless and so is Ebays reputation. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

They get around it by buyers not caring who they buy from (and who support the scammer sellers to start with

Not following proper eBay policy

and  not reading item descriptions

The seller you name

only has greenhouse covers in their completed listings

clearly shows they are registered in China

clearly shows their feedback should make anyone run a mile

I hope you do mean it when you say time to stop using eBay

One less person to help keep sellers like this is business and then blame everyone else for that choice 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

If you have used eBay for decades why do you not know to click on the feedback to see where the seller is registered?

Learn to vet your sellers.

Open a case for Item Not As Described & follow all the steps to receive a refund.

You do not need to contact anyone.

The eBay Money Back Guarantee is displayed on the listing.

I presume it's the seller you left the neg for. If that is so, then one look at their feedback would have shown you that they are registered in China - with terrible feedback.

Any seller with less than 99.5% feedback has me looking at the back-button.

Due diligence is needed when you're buying online...................