I have nearly been scammed out of $10,000.....You need to warn all your Ebay members that scammers a

You need to warn all your Ebay members that Scammers are using what looks like a genuine Ebay Site and nearly had me conned as I was not warned.....Save a few people being scammed. It is now your responsibility. Thankyou

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

There are a lot of scammers these days. It is not a problem specific to eBay. There are many stories in the news of people who received messages from institutions that impersonated their banks and have lost all their life savings.

We always have to be extremely cautious these days. If you landed on a site impersonating eBay, you either clicked on a link in a phishing email or it was the infamous fake eBay Motors on Facebook.

It is not eBay's responsibility though, or the responsibility of any other institution. If somebody impersonates you for example, you would not consider yourself responsible either.

Ebay does warn people in their help section. They explain (for example) that their real messages are also on eBay (in your inbox), so if an email you receive claims to be from eBay but is not in you eBay inbox, it is most probably a scam. This is just an example. There are more warnings. 

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

To add to what has been said, posting your full name on a public forum is a sure way to attract more scammers

Which is why you were warned when posting here, via the big banner at the top of the page not to post personal information such as your name

Another "eBay Motors" scam ?

1. We are not eBay. These are Community boards; you’re posting to eBay members who are relatively active in posting on and reading these boards. We don’t have the power to warn all eBay members.

2. Even if we did hav