Category Updates - Massive Problems

I have just spent over an hour on the phone to a lovely lady in US (on the File Exchange team) because the category updates for books have gone to hell in a handcart. She intimated that other categories are also in a complete mess.

Don't try to manually correct migrated listings that are in the wrong category- chances are you won't be able to anyway.

This is just to let everyone know there are problems - surprise lol

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

If you are getting the 5000 free listings offer at the moment - and you are manually cancelling and relisting your GTC each day so that they are relisted free - you will have problems (Booksellers, don't know aout others). I cancelled 200 this morning to relist, and 133 of those have category errors that have to be corrected before they can be relisted. Some of them are in the right category, but Ebay system thinks they aren't. Some of them are in the wrong category. It's a complete shambles.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

I am on the phone to customer service at the moment, trying to get them to report that the ability to select SUBJECT (not category) for books has disappeared. If I use  relist, the original subject is still there, but I am unable to change it to another subject

The CS rep is telling me there is no problem to report.....

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

I don't think its just relists. I tried using New listing, starting from scratch, and SUBJECT is still missing from the listing form....
Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

As of today, I am having the same issues.

For example, I am unable to group re-list FICTION books in the category of  Books & Magazines >FICTION. Go Figure!

I get pages of red exclamation marks enclosed by red triangles saying "this product cannot be listed in this category". 

I spoke to Ebay on the phone this aftternoon, and they seemed blissfully unaware of any issues. In fact, I was told that I was the first/only person they had spoken to with this issue (guess not!).

With 1300+ book listings, it looks like the beginning of a nightmare for me.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

I just tried re-listing again this morning (Thursday 12th Sept) and everything was working fine. Hopefully the re-listing category errors of yesterday are a thing of the past  and my potential nightmare was in fact, just a mildly and short-lived bad dream 🙂

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Still wasn't working last night for me, or someone else I was chatting to - but all fixed this morning, all books I've checked have been in correct catalogues and all relistings going throuhg without any problems Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Hopefully it's all fixed jlb225oz. Best wishes with your sales 🙂

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Hi,
Glad it is fixed! Could you let me know if this item specifics function is working for you?.
I still don't have the ability to select or change SUBJECT in Non Fiction. If I use an old listing to "sell similar", the subject is showing, but there is no drop down list to change the subject. Once listed, the item is coming up in "unspecified" in searches, instead of history for example... even though it has History as an item specific.
thanks
Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Hi pruetrading. On the traditional eBay listing pages (I have given up on Turbo Lister), I also don't get any additional options for Non-Fiction (as in, there is no SUBJECT drop down menu). The same applies for the FICTION category. However, I do get the SUBJECT drop down menu for Children's Books. Looks like it's a universal change and not just specific to you. Hope this helps 🙂

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply