Expired Kids Multivitamin sold on Ebay

I never expected that a seller would send me Kids' Multivitamin expired already. Such a thing can cause danger to my kid's life had I not seen the expiry date. I'm wondering if eBay has a policy that protects buyers from such unresponsible sellers. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Probably eBay has policies around it.

The best policy is to not buy medical products on eBay. Or online, unless the seller has a reputable presence in Australia.

Which might cost more, like market price, but what is your child's health worth?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

this might make me sound a little insensitive to your predicament, but what are you doing buying these on eBay rather than through a Chemistwarehouse or other physical store?  Doing so would let you check the expiry date before buying.

Another place would be online at Pharmacy Direct.  They would sell in sufficient volume to ensure ‘in-date’ product.

Also, and beat me down and hit me with a stick for saying this, I highly doubt that expired Multivitamins are going to cause danger to your child.

2A6DAED5-47E4-4444-A1C9-6AB8BE03C02C.jpeg

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@d_fatouhi wrote:

I'm wondering if eBay has a policy that protects buyers from such unresponsible sellers. 

Yes, of course it has - it's called the Money Back Guarantee.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/index.html

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Buy children’s multivitamin from a random seller on eBay

No photo of the expiry date?

Did’nt ask the seller before buying?

Did’nt report the seller nor open a dispute?

I guess you have no responsibility here then

Did’nt leave feedback to warn other buyers

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

When did they expire? 

In general, they shouldn't cause any harm, as already said. They just won't be very effective either.

I once bought vitamins on eBay from Australia's "cheapest chemist" and they were just a week away from the expiry date. I had bought 2 because they were on sale. There was no mention of the expiry date in the listing anywhere. Normally there should be when a product is about to expire. I put them in the fridge and took them anyway for about 2 months.

Buying in store is certainly better for this kind of things.

Did you tell the seller/ask for a refund/open a dispute?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply