Heads up - one for your special list

Red dot received today - my goodness, this buyer is so unlucky on Ebay I'm suprised they continue to buy here ๐Ÿ˜›

Added to my BBL - heads up for you to do the same - that should limit their chances for disappointment ]:)

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Thanks, Jules. Seems a tad trigger happy.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

I agree, but maybe it's not a good idea to just limit your photo to one when listing  an 'as new' book.  Maybe the buyer wanted a book a little bit more as new than you are selling.

I seriously hate the way that book sellers are allowed to list a book with a stock photo.  It should be listed also with a photo of the book that you are buying.

Joono
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I don't use stock photos OR misleading "Product Details". I've seen sellers say (especially multi-million listing dropshippers) what you get may not be quite what the PD says. In at least one case seller states you may get a paperback when you think you're getting a HC. Apart from the fact that HCs and PBs ALWAYS have different ISBNs and, thus, different PDs.....

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

All my photos are of the book I'm selling, I don't use stock photos. Unlike some sellers who make up their own grading system, I use Ebay's system - if I say the book is As New, then you wouldn't know that it wasn't new.

Personally I seriously hate the way people keep their feedback private - I always wonder what they are hiding.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Pete, in an ideal world the HB and PB would have a different ISBN, but it's not always the case. I agree about the catchall descriptions the megalisters use though, irritating.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I always use my own photos/scans. I have found that if I enter the ISBN fo rthe ebay description, it quite often happens that I am selling a PB & eBay describes it as HB or vice versa. I try to check every listing and put a disclaimer in the product description, but we are all human and the occasional one may slip through. What I like is when I list the book as pb in the title, the eBay description says paperback, I put 'paperback' in my product description and the prospective buyer emails me with 'is this hardback or softcover?'.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply