Bug: List It button doesn't work in older version of Firefox

This is just a bug report. I'm using Firefox 78.15 (with no add-ons) on OS X El Capitan and for the past two weeks I've been unable to list items for sale (unless I use Chrome, where it works fine). Everything works as expected until you upload photos. After you do that, the 'List It' button no longer works. You click it and it does nothing. It doesn't even give an error. It behaves as though it's not actually a button. If you don't upload photos and you click 'List It,' the button works and gives you the normal 'Looks like you missed something...' error. That shows that the photos are causing the problem.

Furthermore, just to give a little more detail, if I upload photos and then delete them, the 'List It' button still does not work. The act of uploading photos seems to disable the button.

I realise that I'm using an older version of Firefox and OS X but it's what I like and until two weeks ago it worked perfectly fine with eBay. As well, I have an old version of Chrome and that, as I said, handles eBay without any issue.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks all for the replies. For future reference, the problem sorted itself out today. I'm guessing that means it was a problem on eBay's end because I can't think of any change I myself made.

For the past couple of days I was also unable to leave feedback in Firefox or Chrome. The input box was gone. After that suddenly started working again, I checked to see if the selling problem was solved too and it was.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Maybe update your version of Firefox and/or your Mac OS

Please note that support ended for the extended support release of Firefox 78 in October 2021, and it is not receiving any more security patches. Also to note, Firefox 79.0 and later including the current Fx 96.0 and 91.0 ESR requires macOS 10.12 (ten. twelve) at minimum to run.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks all for the replies. For future reference, the problem sorted itself out today. I'm guessing that means it was a problem on eBay's end because I can't think of any change I myself made.

For the past couple of days I was also unable to leave feedback in Firefox or Chrome. The input box was gone. After that suddenly started working again, I checked to see if the selling problem was solved too and it was.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply