Checkout problem

HI

Hi, 

I am in Australia and have 2 items in my cart. I did a Google search and was directed to the ebay Canada site. I purchased 2 items and went to pay but only the two Aust site items appeared. OK  so I paid them, closed ebay and reopend it. Now shows no items in cart. OK so I went to ebay.ca and there are the 2 items in my cart - fair enough I'll pay them. Went to CHECKOUT and all it shows me is my ADDRESS box with an link to change it and another box with Vehicle insurance (???) What? And no other links or listing of my choices to pay That is the bankcaard paypal etc screen. How the heck can I pay for these two items?

And the automated help and chat in ebay is no help at all.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Checkout problem

Given you had already paid for them why would you expect to see them in your cart? The cart is for unpaid items you might consider buying.

What does your purchase history tell you?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Checkout problem

Your dilemma is a little unclear.

Were the two items originally in your cart the same as the two items that you googled and which you placed into your cart while one eBay.ca?

Or are these two different lots of two items?

Do you want (in total) four items?

If it’s the last (you want these additional two items as well as the two items you’ve already bought), then copy the item numbers, and search for them on eBay.com.au. If you can’t find them on eBay.com.au, then the seller must have excluded Australia and you won’t be able to buy them with an Australian address selected as the shipping destination (presumably your default address). In that case, you could only purchase if you change the address to one in Canada or wherever else the seller has specified delivery options.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Checkout problem

Hello Dave

Thanks for a reply.  You haven't quite grasped my problem, but I did check out the purchase screen as I will mention later. Thanks for the attempt, maybe you can still help.

I purchases two items on Australia ebay, and the two different items on the Canadian ebay site.

So I ha a total of 4 items, but neither the Aust nor the Canadian site showed all 4 item, each only showed their two items.

I paid for the two on the Aust site which then showed an empty cart. I thought "I'm going ok so far."

Went to Canadian site - cart showed the TWO Canadian items (different from the Aust items) items waiting to be paid for. Went to CHECKOUT and got a screen showing  just a box with my address details and a link to edit it. No way to confirm that it was OK or move to the actual Paypal payment screen. So I have  items on the Canadian site I cannot pay for. Hence the appeal for help.

And today when I go to ebay Canada it shows an empty cart AND with purchase details being only for the Australian site, even though I am in the Canadian site. Remember yesterday the Canadian site showed I still had the two Canadian site purchases to pay for, but now I can't bring them up because and they are not listed in PURCHASES and I have an empty cart.

Where have they gone and how can I pay for them and not get wiped from ebay? I have a 695 star rating.

Thanks Dave, Bye for now

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Checkout problem

Hello Countess, I am so pleased that people are trying to help me. Thank you.

No they were two entirely different groups of items, one  group purchased on the Australian site and the other pair purchased on the Canadian site.

Thank you for the suggestion about not shipping to Australia, but they usually state that and besides, the seller was in Australia.

As I have just outlined in answer to Dave above (I presume you can see it) I cannot now bring up the unpaid items in either the Aust or Canadian site as both show my cart is empty, so therefore I cannot find the item numbers of the two unpaid items. I like your reasoning though as it was not something I had thought to do.

So what do I do now? As I said to Dave I don't want to get accused of not paying, so I hope you can think of something else.  But it's OK if you are stuck too because it has gotten very weird. 

Bye for now  Alma

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Checkout problem

@almanewb wrote:

So what do I do now? As I said to Dave I don't want to get accused of not paying, so I hope you can think of something else.  But it's OK if you are stuck too because it has gotten very weird. 

Bye for now  Alma

If they are not showing up in your purchase history,  you wouldnt be accused of not paying.  

I am wondering if when you were in the canadian site, if you were logged in or there as a guest.  I just went there,  and it didnt pickup my oz user ID (although logged in on Oz site) it had me as not logged in.  I added an item to the cart, and it came up with the address box as a guest

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Checkout problem

Hello again.

I didn't even realise I was in a Canadian site until I saw the prices in $C. It was seamless otherwise, and it even new me without having to login.

Bye

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Checkout problem

As you were prompted to change your address to, presumably, a Canadian one, there is a fair chance the seller doesn't post to Australia.

Why the items have disappeared from your cart could be, as mentioned, that you weren't logged in.

Anyway it doesn't seem that you will be able to buy these items from Canada. Look elsewhere.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Checkout problem

Perhaps I was a guest o didn't ship to Aust. I suppose we will never know as purchases don't show up.

I will let it drop now.

Many many thanks to you both. Alma

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply