E-mail said item had sold but the item has not sold

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I got an email from eBay saying my item had sold and that I needed to add or update my bank details to receive payment. When I logged on the item had not sold.

is there some kind of time lag? Have my account details been compromised? I checked the emails were all from the same address ebay@ebay.com.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

you are showing as having sold a coin today......have you signed up to MP yet?

Registering as a seller | eBay

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

You need to, as twyngwyn said, sign up for Managed Payments. You won't see a cent until you do, but you will still have to post within your handling time or your account will take a hit.

Handy hint: check FAQs to see how a site works before ticking boxes that say you agree to the T&Cs, that you undoubtedly never bothered to read.

It is partly down to eBay allowing people to list and sell when they haven't fulfilled the requirements for selling, but it is more down to you not bothering to find out how the site works.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

To answer your time lag question,  depends where you are looking, sometimes if you look on the seller hub,  some of the options take a few minutes to update.   But if you look at the item itself there is no time lag.  Well for me anyhow

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The time to sign up for Managed Payments is before you list anything

You need to send items that have been paid for within your handling time

And read up on selling

As said, it shows you have indeed sold a coin, so I am not sure why you don't see it as sold on your end when the general public can 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply