Is anyone else having problems listing new items or revising existing listings?

I have been having issues listing new items and revising my current listings for the past 48 hours, I was on the phone for over 2 hours yesterday and 7 customer service people later only to be told it appears Ebay have some technical issues on their servers and it may take 48 hours or longer to fix? Is anyone else having these same problems?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

What kind of problems? Have you tried a different browser? If you currently use IE as your browser try switching to Firefox or Chrome.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

what browser are you using? I recently listed using firefox and had no problems.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

yes I had same problem so went to tools and clicked on compatibility view settings add this web page and it all came good again

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Hello,

Yes I had too - I did put up items to sell and I could never find them in the listings they just expired without viewing

(naturally without selling) then I did put them up again only to arrive at the same result and so on and so on.

Now I ceased to use e-bay for selling - I have better things to spend my time on.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Hi

If you are talking about all descriptions in HTML and having make change in scripting that is driving me made, plus trying to make new listings, not realy likeing havig to spend hours, so using old ones and updating scrpting. problem, Yes have noticed that, on all versions of eBay, not just PC not being internet progam use related, as it is affecting ipad as well.

You can only update in WYSIWYG (more correct than Rich Text, sorry teach the stuff)  via bulk editing, basically listing a item first and picking up other listings to edit one.

If you are talking abot suddenly finding your mutli item listing postage drop off to free shipping, or the first with shipping and all othere changed to free, have that problem as well. And wording changing in listings without you doning it, all fun and games.

I think there is bugs or buggers in the form of hackers as I have had listing postage changed to free shiping, than buyer wanting free shipping, and the black mailing ratting system is a farse.

Karen

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks tried switching browswers, tried clearing cache, tried clearing cookies, did the turn off and on again, tried everything imaginable for days, nothing worked until I spent the 2 hours on the phone with Ebay and then they did their "Friday thing" backup, fixes, whatever it is they do on Fridays and lo and behold, voila, on Saturday all is well again.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks Karen yeah it can be trying and times trying to do business on Ebay, it can be the "best place in the world" to do business (lots of through traffic, but at the same time it can be the "worst place int he world to do business" can be taxing on your patience at times. Good luck

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Yes, I cannot list new items or renew old ones without getting a listing fee of AU$1.65, this despite having 33 'free listings' at my disposal. EBay customer support has given me a refund for several items thus charged, which was done promptly, and has reported a glitch in their system Still not fixed, so I'm not doing further listings untill the matter is resolved.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Which has nothiong whatsoever to do with the problem nearly FOUR YEARS AGO.

Try one of the many threads, some even on this board, many on the sellers board, about your issue.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply