Keep getting Error Message - Cannot Revise in Restricted view ????

There are a number of my older Variation listings that I am unable to add new stock or change any details in the descriptions etc

I have contacted Customer Support twice and am frustrated with their response, they do not seem to know how to fix it.

It was even referred to the Technical Team...it has now been a month since I have heard from them!!!!

I do not want to end these listing as they have Sales records attached eg 44 SOLD

When I go into the Edit Variation field, it only shows 3 x variations....yet there are about 20 variations which do show for buyers to purchase.

I am unable to change or add anything

The error message states

"It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• Variation specifics can't be changed in restricted revise"

WHAT IS RESTRICED REVIEW?????

Ebay don;t even know what is means

Help Please...anyone else had the same issue, and know how to fix it????

it is always with the older listings, not the new ones

thanks

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Keep getting Error Message - Cannot Revise in Restricted view ????

I'm still trying to find a final fix to this, but the only thing I've found that works is to revise the listing, go to variations, then add all your variations back to the listing, as ebay will remove any variations that you add after you've listed the item. You have to do this every time you want to add quantity etc. And you can't do multi-listing edits as the error is site wide.

The simple way to do this is to copy and paste the variations from your listings tab page in you ebay account. You have to make sure you copy and paste the exact same words or you will get the same error. 

It's totally ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed in years. I've given up on asking ebay for technical support. I just try to make sure my multi-variation listing templates are exactly right before listing them which means no room to grow in the future if you get a new variation.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply