Keep getting "Something went wrong. Please try again later. You can also get more info searching..."

I keep getting below messages when trying to contact ebay.com.au via chat :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Sorry, I'm having trouble connecting you with an agent. Please try again later."

OR

"Something went wrong. Please try again later. You can also get more info searching online help."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm travelling overseas currently and need to talk to ebay asap as I just realised my ebay plus membership was automatically renewed 2 weeks ago and would like to get it canceled.

Tried to use the call back option. But I'm currently not in any of the countries in the list for calling back.

Any advise will be highly appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Keep getting "Something went wrong. Please try again later. You can also get more info searching..."

Added info :

I tried contacting ebay.com.au thru 2 days in a row and the time of contacting them is within the published working hours of :

"8am to 8pm AET Monday to Friday, and 9am to 7pm AET Saturday and Sunday."

Tried many times with different wordings at the beginning and received either of the messages (as shown above) in all attempts.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@passover7 wrote:

Any advise will be highly appreciated and many thanks in advance.

The only way to cancel it is for YOU to go into your eBay Plus account and cancel it there.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

If youโ€™re overseas, you may not be able to contact eBay Live Chat.

If you want to cancel your eBay Plus subscription, you can do that yourself. You wonโ€™t get a refund for your subscription fee, though, unless you were just on the free trial, and only if you yourself cancelled eBay Plus within 14 days of its becoming a paid subscription.

Quoting:

โChanging or cancelling your eBay Plus membership

You can check the details of your eBay Plus membership at any time, including whether you have a monthly or annual membership, your next payment date and your payment method.

View eBay Plus membership

Change or update your payment method

To update your payment method for eBay Plus membership fees:

1. Go to your eBay Plus membership page.
  2. Select Edit membership.
  3. Select Change payment method.

Change your eBay Plus membership type

If you want to change your membership type (for example, from annual to monthly), you'll need to cancel your existing eBay Plus membership. Once your current membership period has expired, you can sign up again and choose your preferred plan.

Cancel your eBay Plus membership

You can cancel your eBay Plus membership at any time. Here's how:

1. Go to your eBay Plus membership page.
  2. Select Edit membership.
  3. Select Cancel membership.

If you change your mind and want to sign up again, you'll just need to choose your preferred membership plan and provide a payment method.

Fee refunds and eBay Plus benefits when you cancel your membership

• If you cancel during your free trial period: You won't be charged any membership fees. You'll still receive all eBay Plus benefits until 30 days after you signed up for the eBay Plus trial.
  • If you cancel after paying the membership fee: You won't be charged on your next renewal date. You'll still receive all eBay Plus benefits until the renewal date.

Tip

If you forgot to cancel your annual eBay Plus membership before the fee was charged, you can contact us within 14 days of your payment date to cancel your membership and receive a refund. This only applies to annual memberships that were renewed automatically after a free trial or at the end of a membership term, and your eBay Plus benefits will end when we process your request.โž

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Many thanks, countessalmirena, for your prompt reply & the info.

Yeah, I am trying my luck to cancel my current annual ebay plus membership within the 14 days grace period and, thus, trying to contact ebay.com.au asap.

I'd also tried using  VPN that connected to a server in Syd to mimic as if I'm in Aust.  But, unfortunately, still getting the same error message.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@passover7 wrote:

Yeah, I am trying my luck to cancel my current annual ebay plus membership within the 14 days grace period and, thus, trying to contact ebay.com.au asap.

Both the Countess and myself have told you to go into your eBay Plus account to do it, I very much doubt if contacting eBay itself is going to help you.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The information two of our members have given you is correct

Contacting eBay chat is not going to cancel your membership, they are not going to do it for you

You and only you can cancel

Use the information you have been given

You do not need to contact eBay , it is your responsibility and yours alone

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply