Purchase History missing completely on the Australian site - does anyone have a solution ?

I notice that my purchase history had completely disappeared a day or 2 ago and I have not been able to view it since then unless I log into the US site.  Does anyone have a solution ?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Purchase History missing completely on the Australian site - does anyone have a solution ?

Apparently if you disable adblocker for eBay and restart computer that can fix the problem.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Yes.. they have done this to force us to view 3rd party, revenue generating ads. Unbelievable.

I use an ad blocker and will continue to do so.. if ebay cannot let me see my messages, purchase history, mouse over images etc unless I look at their ads, then I will, regrettably, take my business to Amazon after 17 years of using ebay.

I am someone who will NEVER buy from an ad in a browser and I am also aware of the potential for ads being served to contain malicious code.

I looked for a way to contact ebay about this but alas, the controlled topic list for customer service doesn't allow this kind of enquiry.

I am also an ebay plus member.. this in the hope that such things can be avoided by paying a fee.. however, it seems not.

I will assume that they are testing this on us to guage a reaction, so I will wait a very short time to see what happens.. but it would be sad if after all this time they make their site unusable for a reason like this.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

after some digging.. I see this page, where I thought you could disable this.. I was only aware because I saw a small link to AdChoice at bottom of page..

https://www.ebay.com.au/adchoice

however, it seems this only changes the ads from targeted to general.. doesn't remove them 😞

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Disable any adblockers on the eBay domain, refresh the webpage and voila ! Everything visible again. Purchase History, Saved Sellers, Watch List, etc.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

It is possible to disable an ad blocker on a single page, or a single domain. That way you can still view your Purchase History or Saved Sellers, and still block ads on other pages.

At some point if eBay adopts a new standard and ad blockers start blocking everyone's Purchase History page, I suspect that ad blockers will modify their rules so that it will no longer be necessary to disable ad blocking on those pages.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

No voila here...still gone

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

That comment was posted in 2020

It certainly has'nt been missing since then

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply